GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Show us your MK7

Gr33nBunny

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE 6mt
We dont know, she's a rescue. I normally just refer to her as a "pit mix". Upon asking her, she replied with running her kong into my leg, which I translated to "I'm a people" so 🤷‍♂️

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
there's a difference? I was under the impression a staffordshire was the technical term for what is colloquially known as a pit bull
Yes - Staffordshire Bull Terriers are smaller, weighting around 30ish lbs for females. Pits are pits, with many variations, true game pits weight around the 50 lb mark; American Staffordshire terriers are around the 70ish lb mark with the head of an english staff but pit body.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Yes - Staffordshire Bull Terriers are smaller, weighting around 30ish lbs for females. Pits are pits, with many variations, true game pits weight around the 50 lb mark; American Staffordshire terriers are around the 70ish lb mark with the head of an english staff but pit body.

ahhhh okay this makes a lot of sense. mine is american staffordshire / english starffordshire / lab mix

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
Golf R Mk7 side shot.jpeg

Im really starting to like these wheels, they are STRONG and at 24 lb, 19x8 not bad...... its gonna be tough to decide what to do as my tires run out... really like the OEM look.....

Its like I'm like undercover atm, no cop bats an eye....

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
24lbs is heavy as fuck. Not bad for oem, but considering the affordable alternatives, they're pretty terrible.

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
Heavy as fuck? no, heavy as fuck would be a 30 pound 18 in...which is the common aftermarket cast wheel.... all the rotiform, Avant Garde, 3DSM, etc... that's heavy as fuck....

edit: They are really <23.8 lb too.... if they were a 2-3 pounds lighter I would already consider them lightweight... for 19s....

Last edited:

Gr33nBunny

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE 6mt
24lbs is heavy as fuck. Not bad for oem, but considering the affordable alternatives, they're pretty terrible.
"Affordable" is highly subjective, and you do realize the most common OEM mk7 GTI wheel (Austin or something) is 18x8 and ~26lbs? For an OEM wheel that isn't associated with a performance upgrade, a 24lb 19" wheel is fucking amazing

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
"Affordable" is highly subjective, and you do realize the most common OEM mk7 GTI wheel (Austin or something) is 18x8 and ~26lbs? For an OEM wheel that isn't associated with a performance upgrade, a 24lb 19" wheel is fucking amazing
Fucking sti 19’s are like 33 pounds!

a 19” coming under 27 is good. Under 25 is really good.