GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Show us your MK7

Bigsmallguy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI mk7
Aha! Yeah, but you shoulda said "36" ! :cool: I mean, go big or go home right?

These are 235/45-18s in Michelin PS4s. I'm also running a 12mm spacer in front and 17mm spacers in back. The wheels are 7.5" wide and can't take anything bigger than this. It's 1.2" more sidewall - 0.6" more on each side of the rim.

I do have some rubbing when the suspension compresses in a hard turn at speed. I'll do the fender screw mod and see if that clears it up. If not, I'll go to 10mm spacer and see what happens. I'm pretty happy with them.

Backstory: a few weeks ago, I got a slight bend in one of these wheels from hitting a pothole. Because the bend was on the outside/face of the wheel, a repair would mean refinishing, which would probably never match the other wheels. So I bought a new wheel to have a complete OEM set with no repaired damage and wrapped them with these bigger tires to get a little more rim protection.

Ride is better, handling is spot on and more sure-footed than with the Bridgestone Potenza S001 tires that came with the car.

EDIT: I like the increase in ride height. I agree about having more accessibility. Even at factory height and taller sidewalls, these cars sit low enough that driveway and parking lot entrances, speed humps and bumps, and crossing a road crown can cause scraping and bottoming out. I'd rather not have to slow down to carefully negotiate those daily obstacles. I just wanna toss the car around and have fun w/o having to fret about busting a lip.
Hey I love your wheels ! About potholes, I live in LA and run into potholes every time, and always am so scared that I’ll break my rims soon! So ppl suggested getting bigger tires, I think they suggested 245s or 255s. How is your new setup with potholes? Do the spacers that you mentioned help with rough roads /potholes? I want to get a beefier set of tires to handle the these horrid roads

LobinBR

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTi DSG6/Golf1.4TSi

LobinBR

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTi DSG6/Golf1.4TSi
@Jogador Nice and clean, looks great! Brooklyn's look good too, better than the Austins imho, even though they are similar.
Brooklyn wheels provide a clean and harmonious look. Thanks!