GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Show us your MK7

AsheToo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk 7.5 GTI Autobahn
Poor attempt at a joke on a golf forum. Those tires look huge, 33” tall… I actually dig the look and actually thought about lifting my Gti to make more places accessible for me to drive to. What size do you have on there?
Aha! Yeah, but you shoulda said "36" ! :cool: I mean, go big or go home right?

These are 235/45-18s in Michelin PS4s. I'm also running a 12mm spacer in front and 17mm spacers in back. The wheels are 7.5" wide and can't take anything bigger than this. It's 1.2" more sidewall - 0.6" more on each side of the rim.

I do have some rubbing when the suspension compresses in a hard turn at speed. I'll do the fender screw mod and see if that clears it up. If not, I'll go to 10mm spacer and see what happens. I'm pretty happy with them.

Backstory: a few weeks ago, I got a slight bend in one of these wheels from hitting a pothole. Because the bend was on the outside/face of the wheel, a repair would mean refinishing, which would probably never match the other wheels. So I bought a new wheel to have a complete OEM set with no repaired damage and wrapped them with these bigger tires to get a little more rim protection.

Ride is better, handling is spot on and more sure-footed than with the Bridgestone Potenza S001 tires that came with the car.

EDIT: I like the increase in ride height. I agree about having more accessibility. Even at factory height and taller sidewalls, these cars sit low enough that driveway and parking lot entrances, speed humps and bumps, and crossing a road crown can cause scraping and bottoming out. I'd rather not have to slow down to carefully negotiate those daily obstacles. I just wanna toss the car around and have fun w/o having to fret about busting a lip.

Last edited:

SAPGTI

Ready to race!

tmaslove

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
I did some stuff

Attachments

• DEB99B81-6F90-4299-9C3D-35F9A801215E.jpeg
    DEB99B81-6F90-4299-9C3D-35F9A801215E.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 79
  • 4F315E23-D367-4F4F-832F-94A58CA1B218.jpeg
    4F315E23-D367-4F4F-832F-94A58CA1B218.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 74

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Had absolutely the worst luck last week... deliberately parked in the middle of nowhere at Costco only to come out to discover someone had still managed to hit me with a cart. Then found a nice dent in the front fender from wherever I'd been street parked... at least got a nice family photo with a Mk8 at the dealer the other day. He was running a flush kit, some nice sounding exhaust, tinted everything. Still think the yellow looks gross but was a good looking ride otherwise.

IMG_2661.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2669.jpeg
    IMG_2669.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_2715.jpeg
    IMG_2715.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_2716.jpeg
    IMG_2716.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 88
  • IMG_2717.jpeg
    IMG_2717.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 92

RMinNJ

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI S
People suck with the carts. I try to take or move any carts in my area but someone still comes out and leaves one.
Costco is worst with 2 cart stalls for the entire store.. there is no way anyone is going to walk their carts to them. I try to move and connect as many as I can so they wont roll.. but I then feel like i work there.

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
People suck with the carts. I try to take or move any carts in my area but someone still comes out and leaves one.
Costco is worst with 2 cart stalls for the entire store.. there is no way anyone is going to walk their carts to them. I try to move and connect as many as I can so they wont roll.. but I then feel like i work there.
Bless you, sir.

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
Had absolutely the worst luck last week... deliberately parked in the middle of nowhere at Costco only to come out to discover someone had still managed to hit me with a cart. Then found a nice dent in the front fender from wherever I'd been street parked... at least got a nice family photo with a Mk8 at the dealer the other day. He was running a flush kit, some nice sounding exhaust, tinted everything. Still think the yellow looks gross but was a good looking ride otherwise.
My buddy picked up a clownshoe last year and it was (badly) hit by a cart at Costco within hours of being road legal. Remind me to never take my car there.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
Lazy, unaccountable people. Frustrating indicator of who we are as a society.

Edit: I see that I posted off-topic. Here’s a gti I saw at Niagara a couple days ago. It had a fmic and some RE-71r’s so I thought I’d see if it’s someone here. YOHB?

1655179847884.jpeg

Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

View attachment 252369
The good news, that can be pulled pretty easily.