GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Should I sell my gti now?

spaceworm

Passed Driver's Ed
I still have an old Audi I can use for a couple of months to wait out this used car bubble and maybe get into a left over mk7. Black book just came out with its weekly analysis and looks like the spike from last year - Report

Update: went down to 16k today, no idea how their algorithm works but even 16 is strong. Will probably end up keeping it, have my eqt stg 1 tune new in the box waiting to turn 60k. Thanks everyone for your help.

Last edited:

cb1111

Sold my wife's Civic to Carvana today. The guy took a photo of the VIN, the odometer and a couple of pictures of the car. He spent literally 2 minutes looking at the car. Said nothing about the dime sized chip on the bumper that I "fixed" in about 5 minutes with a Dr.Colorchip pen a couple of days ago - not my best job.

It took far longer to make copies of the paperwork - and how long does it take to copy 10 sheets of paper? Handed us a check and took the keys and title.

He had a car on his truck, so he put a lockbox on the window and a tow truck came to pick it up a few hours later.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Sold my wife's Civic to Carvana today. The guy took a photo of the VIN, the odometer and a couple of pictures of the car. He spent literally 2 minutes looking at the car. Said nothing about the dime sized chip on the bumper that I "fixed" in about 5 minutes with a Dr.Colorchip pen a couple of days ago - not my best job.

It took far longer to make copies of the paperwork - and how long does it take to copy 10 sheets of paper? Handed us a check and took the keys and title.

He had a car on his truck, so he put a lockbox on the window and a tow truck came to pick it up a few hours later.

Fully alltracking now?

cb1111

Fully alltracking now?
Yep. I'm gray over brown and my wife is silk blue over brown. Mine was new and hers was a certified lease return (1900 miles) from a VW executive. When I got that one it had a bunch of VW phone numbers stored in it- and the guy's home address.

I'm amazed that part of the PDI process for pre-owned isn't to clear addresses and phone numbers - wait - it is.....

I'm kind-of contemplating APR+....

Zodiac

Passed Driver's Ed
I was offered $26,7xx for my 2019 Rabbit with 5,800 miles. That's $300 less than I paid for it brand new. It sure does tempt me to sell, but I promised this to my son when he turned 16 and he's holding me to it. :ROFLMAO:

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Yep. I'm gray over brown and my wife is silk blue over brown. Mine was new and hers was a certified lease return (1900 miles) from a VW executive. When I got that one it had a bunch of VW phone numbers stored in it- and the guy's home address.

I'm amazed that part of the PDI process for pre-owned isn't to clear addresses and phone numbers - wait - it is.....

I'm kind-of contemplating APR+....
lol, Yea my car had the guys address and then what I assumed was his work address too. They were the only 2 addresses saved, but it was a residential address and a business.

Unreal1

Autocross Champion
If you can sell it and wait until prices normalize, then yes, why not grab the extra cash. Also, I would recommend Vroom, they typically offer the most money.