GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Should I oil change at dealership or third party shop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
You can order one online shipped to Canada. You don't need it though.
True, unless you've had an issue - or plan to lightly off road the vehicle like I do, it just adds weight. Most people who do not lower or modify their car don't see issues with cracked oil pans. Not to say it doesn't happen, it's just generally lowered cars or something along those lines.

Mk7GolfDisease

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf 1.8T TSI
True, unless you've had an issue - or plan to lightly off road the vehicle like I do, it just adds weight. Most people who do not lower or modify their car don't see issues with cracked oil pans. Not to say it doesn't happen, it's just generally lowered cars or something along those lines.
Oh ok well i dont do any of that maybe one day spacers for my wheels thats about it i only asked because i dont want to keep spending extra 10 bucks for drain plug change every 10k of oil change

Mk7GolfDisease

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf 1.8T TSI
USPMotorsports.com has them on sale I believe right now. I picked up mine there.

Still debating about picking up an OEM pan seal or just using the gasket sealer.
https://www.uspmotorsports.com/06J103600AFKT-8653.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&adpos=&scid=scplp06J 103 600AFKT&sc_intid=06J 103 600AFKT&gclid=Cj0KCQjwqrb7BRDlARIsACwGad6VuwZHtdAf3XXVmLbBu2hbsyEZQ0jKLbdI9fj8XHLhinMjqoZC208aAmiyEALw_wcB

They also have a lighter aluminum version if you're concerned about weight.
Yeah why not whatever looks nice and doesnt make my car slower lol aluminum yeaaa

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Oh ok well i dont do any of that maybe one day spacers for my wheels thats about it i only asked because i dont want to keep spending extra 10 bucks for drain plug change every 10k of oil change

You get your oil changed once a year approximately right? And you want to spend $60 for the pan and then probably $200 to have it installed to avoid spending $10 on an oil pan drain plug. So if you keep your car for about 25 years you'll finally break even on your investment.

Oh and if not properly installed steel oil pans are prone to leaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.