shootspeed's 2018 VW GTI MK7.5 build

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

shootspeed

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI
1/8/22

Received the Aerofabb Competition Series Rear Diffuser late last month and got around to the install in January.

Very easy to put together and requires almost no removing of anything on the car, except the 2 clips that hold the stock rear valence to the frame. Luckily it also fits with the Seibon Rear Valence since it doesn't stick out as much as the other aftermarket rear valences.
Similar to the Verus Engineering diffuser except it comes with spacers for bigger exhausts and modular so you can replace pieces if needed.

Rear end is really filled out now!

I'll be adding in ceramic brake pads and upgraded brake lines, and considering buying carbon fiber fenders...

16 -2048px.jpg

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Looks great paired with the body style diffuser!

Been wanting to add that to mine with the current ecs diffuser, but I drive with the car a little lower and for sure when I air out that’s gonna start holding all my cars weight and potential damage it.

Last edited:

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
1/8/22

Received the Aerofabb Competition Series Rear Diffuser late last month and got around to the install in January.

Very easy to put together and requires almost no removing of anything on the car, except the 2 clips that hold the stock rear valence to the frame. Luckily it also fits with the Seibon Rear Valence since it doesn't stick out as much as the other aftermarket rear valences.
Similar to the Verus Engineering diffuser except it comes with spacers for bigger exhausts and modular so you can replace pieces if needed.

Rear end is really filled out now!

I'll be adding in ceramic brake pads and upgraded brake lines, and considering buying carbon fiber fenders...

View attachment 235089
Nice! I'm still waiting on mine to arrive. I was told it could take up to 6 weeks for it to be delivered. Can you take some more pics of it like directly looking at the rear and some close up shots?

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Question for you... How the hell did you get the Aerofabb diffuser to connect to those two "C" brackets in the middle that connect to the rear valance/ECS diffuser? I was installing mine last night and ran into that problem. Did you drill into the ECS diffuser or just skipped installing those two brackets? Below is a picture of the brackets that I am referring to.

aerofabb c brackets.png

shootspeed

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI
Question for you... How the hell did you get the Aerofabb diffuser to connect to those two "C" brackets in the middle that connect to the rear valance/ECS diffuser? I was installing mine last night and ran into that problem. Did you drill into the ECS diffuser or just skipped installing those two brackets? Below is a picture of the brackets that I am referring to.

View attachment 238980
I have the Seibon carbon rear valance, the way that one attaches is pretty much the same as the OEM valance by using the OEM square shaped clip.

Looking at the ECS diffuser, I'm thinking cut rectangular strips for each bracket so you can slip the bracket inbetween the ECS diffuser and the OEM hole. Or just cut out the holes in the ECS diffuser entirely.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I have the Seibon carbon rear valance, the way that one attaches is pretty much the same as the OEM valance by using the OEM square shaped clip.

Looking at the ECS diffuser, I'm thinking cut rectangular strips for each bracket so you can slip the bracket inbetween the ECS diffuser and the OEM hole. Or just cut out the holes in the ECS diffuser entirely.
Thanks but for now I'll just leave them off till I can come up with an easy solution.