GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Shift Knobs

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
For those using BFI shift knob, did you also get the manual shift knob adapter?
It's needed to fit the regular BFI knob on a DSG car, so if you have a DSG, you would need it. If you have a manual, you do not. And look at different knobs, the BFI's look weird in the Mk7 and don't fit the boot well.

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I know shift knobs for the auto vw requires some mods to make work since you have the button thing.

After installing you probably can't return to stock

Deathbyart

Go Kart Newbie
Its a manual and personally love BFI shift knobs. I had one on my MK6 and side note, I found out more info on the adapter -

SPECIAL NOTE : These updated adapters are included in all GS1 and GS2 manual shift knobs for VW / Audi. You do NOT need to purchase this part separately in addition to your shift knob. This is sold separately if you want to convert from the previous set screw style adapter.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️
*it’s okay it was on sale**🤫
2BBB318A-6233-4ECA-BD85-75E3D598C0AD.jpeg

B63ADCEA-453F-4F1C-A6D4-64B15CEBD4EB.jpeg
3C77A7A8-C259-4C74-A9CC-C2B024EDBE14.jpeg

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
You have more than the worth of a Hybrid Turbo in shift knobs. Do you have the most, overall, modified GTI in the world? This is a serious question.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Do you swap them out frequently when the mood suits you? Or ever go back to past ones? Why not resell them to re-coup a little bit of money? Or do you just like having an extensive collection of dil... I mean, shift knobs.
so.... this is actually the trend it seems as to each time I get another one! i swap an old one back on, drive it for the day and remember each detail of why I liked it/didn't like it and then swap another one and do the same then get in my head about the pros/cons of each then find myself trying to order one that hit the mark with each element of the ones I just tested do. lol

then when it shows up i drive with for a bit while loving it, then get the wild hair of "but if it only" and the cycle starts over!

the 2 sportshifters won't work with my cooler Worx setup, so yeah i should probably sell them at least haha

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Same. I need to look into changing the top coin though, the red R is gonna clash in the black cavern of an R.
A new coin is 15 bucks. I actually bought a new coin with the red R. :) Very easy to change.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
It's needed to fit the regular BFI knob on a DSG car, so if you have a DSG, you would need it. If you have a manual, you do not. And look at different knobs, the BFI's look weird in the Mk7 and don't fit the boot well.

there are manual knobs and dsg knobs. They are not interchangeable and each knob comes with what is needed for install.