bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
It's probably a much lesser issue on our cars since the transmission is actually five feet away, but I had a stainless knob on a Miata and Ti one on a BMW and they both got comically hot year round. Kind of nice in the winter, but outright painful in the summer. Both of those cars were direct mount though, so probably not an issue for the Mk7.
The worst I've experienced on these cars are the BFI knobs. That little emblem they put on top of the knob gets so freakin hot you can't even touch it.

It's amazing how much of a difference something like the covercraft sunscreen helps with this though. My raceseng has never got so hot that I couldn't touch it and with the sunscreen up it actually stays at a pretty comfortable temp.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
The worst I've experienced on these cars are the BFI knobs. That little emblem they put on top of the knob gets so freakin hot you can't even touch it.

It's amazing how much of a difference something like the covercraft sunscreen helps with this though. My raceseng has never got so hot that I couldn't touch it and with the sunscreen up it actually stays at a pretty comfortable temp.
Yeah, my SportShifter has a similar ring to the BFI but it’s not silver, just aluminum. It doesn’t really get hot, but I also use the CoverCraft if parking outside. Full metal knobs connected to the transmission get hot when driving, even my titanium one would go all Raiders of the Lost Ark on me. Isn’t the Raceseng made out of Delrin though?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Yeah, my SportShifter has a similar ring to the BFI but it’s not silver, just aluminum. It doesn’t really get hot, but I also use the CoverCraft if parking outside. Full metal knobs connected to the transmission get hot when driving, even my titanium one would go all Raiders of the Lost Ark on me. Isn’t the Raceseng made out of Delrin though?

Racesengs are stainless, but some of them have a delrin cover you can slip over it. I've had a few of their knobs, but I haven't tried any with a delrin cover yet.

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
i was gonna opt for the black paint, think it would help with the heat?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I’ve got 3 likewise knobs, the newest one is the ghost and the reason it’s my fav is cause the delrin body! All my metal knobs got too “warm” in this heat. The delrin feels amazing and the underbody of it being SS still added the Great weight… still gotta bang the gears with this setup though regardless of running a heavy knob. 😂

C6C7AE29-2E3D-46DF-8322-CD876EF0C79D.jpeg
47F081B8-0E4B-40C9-ACF9-1FA85356E9A5.jpeg

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I’ve got 3 likewise knobs, the newest one is the ghost and the reason it’s my fav is cause the delrin body! All my metal knobs got too “warm” in this heat. The delrin feels amazing and the underbody of it being SS still added the Great weight… still gotta bang the gears with this setup though regardless of running a heavy knob. 😂

View attachment 226208View attachment 226209
Off topic what is up with your head unit o.o

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Love my new LikeWise Ghost knob. Looks & feels great, and sits at the perfect height imo.

Can't wait to try more of them, like the Daytona and Neil Diamond. Got the Ghost first because delrin makes the most sense year-round

Sorry but it kind of looks like a dildo.

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Love my new LikeWise Ghost knob. Looks & feels great, and sits at the perfect height imo.

Can't wait to try more of them, like the Daytona and Neil Diamond. Got the Ghost first because delrin makes the most sense year-round

yo he got the Mario cart edition!