GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Shift Knobs

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Any weight recommendations for Sport Shifters? They have Light (50-150g), Medium, (150-300g), and Heavy (300-500g). What's closest to the stock knob and how does the weight range work? The knob you get can be anywhere within that range?

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Any weight recommendations for Sport Shifters? They have Light (50-150g), Medium, (150-300g), and Heavy (300-500g). What's closest to the stock knob and how does the weight range work? The knob you get can be anywhere within that range?
Stock would be Extra Light. It's hollow plastic. I went with the standard medium weight, it works well. I've had heavier but only on direct mount setups, not a cable setup. If you want to keep the stock feel, go with light. If you've got a short shifter and plan on going lower, adding more mass will make it easier to shift. I have the OE short shifter and mounted about an inch and a half lower than stock and the medium weight works very well.

HstephenG

Go Kart Champion
Stock would be Extra Light. It's hollow plastic. I went with the standard medium weight, it works well. I've had heavier but only on direct mount setups, not a cable setup. If you want to keep the stock feel, go with light. If you've got a short shifter and plan on going lower, adding more mass will make it easier to shift. I have the OE short shifter and mounted about an inch and a half lower than stock and the medium weight works very well.
I have the same set up as bentin and agree 100%.

ToddMS

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf TSI SE
In my auto xB I had a custom made wood shifter made. Is there someone within the community that does woodworking and does this?

Attachments

• E455BE39-AC68-4B43-9852-F6B1D2CAF2C2.jpeg
    E455BE39-AC68-4B43-9852-F6B1D2CAF2C2.jpeg
    411.2 KB · Views: 121

Shmito_R

Go Kart Champion
So....my sport shifter is lost in the ether. Roy sent me tracking a little over a week ago, but status says label has been made and thatā€™s it, no updates no movement etc. Roy says he contacted ups and went to his local dropoff and they donā€™t have the package anymore. So unless it magically appears in the next few days with 0 tracking updates idk what to do....and I paid for express shipping too...smh, fml

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Are you in the US? US Customs sat on mine for six weeks, there's a pandemic going on, and you're getting goods from the Netherlands. Be patient.

Shmito_R

Go Kart Champion
Are you in the US? US Customs sat on mine for six weeks, there's a pandemic going on, and you're getting goods from the Netherlands. Be patient.

Yes in the US. Have no problems if thatā€™s where it is. Only problem is both Roy and I have no clue where it is.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Yes in the US. Have no problems if thatā€™s where it is. Only problem is both Roy and I have no clue where it is.
He managed to spur US Customs for mine. Give him a few days to find yours, or just determine that it's been lost.

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
So....my sport shifter is lost in the ether. Roy sent me tracking a little over a week ago, but status says label has been made and thatā€™s it, no updates no movement etc. Roy says he contacted ups and went to his local dropoff and they donā€™t have the package anymore. So unless it magically appears in the next few days with 0 tracking updates idk what to do....and I paid for express shipping too...smh, fml

Iā€™m sure mine will be lost also this seems to be a usps game now days I hope I receive mine at a reasonable time.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I've had issues with usps a couple times in the last month. The tracking number will say something like awaiting pick up and then a week later it finally updates when it's out for delivery.

Last edited:

DVader

Car(s)
2019 VW Golf R
Can't say enough about sportshifters.com. You can customize pretty much everything and Roy was super helpful in helping me make my choice. Here is a pic that Roy took before he sent it out to me.

Attachments

• IMG_0971.PNG
    IMG_0971.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 205