Autocross Champion
What else you have left

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Are you going to get a whale tail

paulkromz

Drag Racing Champion
Are you going to get a whale tail
so Turbo 993s have the whale tail... my car came with a turbo front bumper and a replica whale tail..... I converted back to the original rear decklid....adding a rear hoop basket handle for the 94/95 traditional look and updated the look of the car with a turbo s front lip and some OEM side skirts.

or I could have just said "NO"

😄

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Ok. It looks better without. In my mind i was picturing the 964 whale tail.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
HUGE fan of the 964 whale tails

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
That's gorgeous. I'll have one, one day.

My uncle had an 86ish 911 Cab in black with the whale tail. Looked very close to what i posted except it was a convertible. That was my first experience riding in a fast car. Just a nerdy little kid flailing around in the back seat as he flogged it and cranked some Yaz on the Alpine. The sound (of the car) and feel are forever ingrained in me.

He actually was going to file bankruptcy. My dad offered to buy it from him for the loan value plus some which would've been great for all 3 of us, especially me. Unfortunately he just let it get repossessed. I was so sad.

Anyway, sorry to tangent your thread, but keep posting pics and videos. Would love to hear it.

paulkromz

Drag Racing Champion
Aww man your story is awesome... but goddamn that ending sucked!

It's always been a dream of mine to own a 930 turbo (sounds like your uncle had a 930 with the turbo whale tail)

To me, its the stuff of dreams as a child.

1978-porsche-930-turbo-front.jpg

Anyways thanks for sharing and thanks for the love!

:)

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
Aww man your story is awesome... but goddamn that ending sucked!

It's always been a dream of mine to own a 930 turbo (sounds like your uncle had a 930 with the turbo whale tail)

To me, its the stuff of dreams as a child.

View attachment 254629

Anyways thanks for sharing and thanks for the love!

:)
The 930 Flatnose is what hit me hard, as a kid. Been in love with the 911 ever since. I’ll always want one but will probably get something more modern if/ when I can afford. Loved this build thread, thanks for sharing.