GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Set me straight on the MK7's Reliability

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
The sad part is you actually think a GTI is a performance car. That is very sad you're making me weep a little

A 400HP car (with a few easy mods) with nice limited slip and great interior and driving characteristics is definitely a performance car

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
A 400HP car (with a few easy mods) with nice limited slip and great interior and driving characteristics is definitely a performance car

Space Ghost isn't worth a response. His intellectual acuity is seriously compromised and he hates his car, but yet he still drives it. Makes him miserable, and it shows.

cbenjes

Go Kart Newbie
I had a 2011 for a little over 7 years, 161,000 miles when I traded it in. Replaced once: brakes/rotors, radiator, turbo, front wheel bearings, coil packs and timing chain tensioner (both preventative). 4 sets of spark plugs, 4 fuel filters, oil changes every 5-6K miles, tranny fluid every 40K miles, 4 sets of tires. Never left me stranded, best car I've ever owned. The Stage 1 tune killed the clutch which needed replacing when I traded it.

VW's tell you when something is wrong. If you listen, they are great. If you don't, you just might have some problems.

SpaceGhost

Ready to race!
Space Ghost isn't worth a response. His intellectual acuity is seriously compromised and he hates his car, but yet he still drives it. Makes him miserable, and it shows.

Now you are making me more sad :(

Personally I think that most modern cars are pretty reliable

I was just guessing at the origin of the meme that VW's are unreliable only if you don't do maintenance, but one can always count on you to take offense on behalf of VW.

Cowzill00

Ready to race!
Seems like a performance car to me. The Golf was the "non-performance" option.

I bought a radar detector for the first time in decades...because of the performance. How do you define the term?? Sub-5 sec 0-60 only? Something else?

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Fuck. Should have known this would have turned into another damn argument thread. Peace out fools. Unsubscribe while you can

SpaceGhost

Ready to race!
Seems like a performance car to me. The Golf was the "non-performance" option.

I bought a radar detector for the first time in decades...because of the performance. How do you define the term?? Sub-5 sec 0-60 only? Something else?

The official 0-60 is something like 5.7 sec. There are many SUV's that can beat that. My neighbor has a Mercedes GLE that is a 0-60 in 5.5 sec that is the regular one not AMG.

I think the GTI is fun to drive would be more fun without wheel spin, but fair point "performance" is in the eye of the beholder. For me I need to be looking at a Porche 911 to be thinking peformance

Cowzill00

Ready to race!
I assumed that's what you meant, and understandable. But SUV's that accelerate like that don't get 30mpg and corner like the GTI. So there's the bang-for-the-buck performance too...which is hard to beat.

SpaceGhost

Ready to race!
Fuck. Should have known this would have turned into another damn argument thread. Peace out fools. Unsubscribe while you can

You know why? Because someone asks for advice but no advice is allowed that doesn't fawn praise on VW. At least none allowed by heiny and the like. I didn't even say anything other than I've heard the meme about maintenance and note that there is more maintenance than other vehicles. That's just a fact but nothing negative can ever be said without heiny jumping in to the rescue.

You can't say you hear road noise. Heiny says no road noise. You can't say your wheels spin. Heiny says my wheels don't spin therefore your wheels don't spin. You are imagining it no noise no wheels spin nothing is ever wrong VW is the best and all VW's are hyper drive performance vehicles that never have any problems at all. That's why :) there is an arugment

SpaceGhost

Ready to race!
I assumed that's what you meant, and understandable. But SUV's that accelerate like that don't get 30mpg and corner like the GTI. So there's the bang-for-the-buck performance too...which is hard to beat.

Most performance you are going to get for 25K. With that qualifier the statement is a lot more true.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
You know why? Because someone asks for advice but no advice is allowed that doesn't fawn praise on VW. At least none allowed by heiny and the like. I didn't even say anything other than I've heard the meme about maintenance and note that there is more maintenance than other vehicles. That's just a fact but nothing negative can ever be said without heiny jumping in to the rescue.

You can't say you hear road noise. Heiny says no road noise. You can't say your wheels spin. Heiny says my wheels don't spin therefore your wheels don't spin. You are imagining it no noise no wheels spin nothing is ever wrong VW is the best and all VW's are hyper drive performance vehicles that never have any problems at all. That's why :) there is an arugment

Theres an argument because you all have dicks that are too big for your pants so you feel the need to swing em around in each others faces.

edit-My statements:
Maintenance costs more on a GTI than an average car. It's German.

All cars have some issues. You will never buy or drive a car that doesn't need repairs at some point.

The GTI is considered a performance car, while also being economical.

If you use throttle control, you wont spin the tires. Any lightweight, FWD car with a decent amount of torque and tires that don't stick will have some slip if you give'er'wah.

Different tires, different roads, different wheels, different cars, will all have different levels of road noise. Some people have more tolerance than other to sound. For example, I'm sitting here having an aneurysm because the maintenance department has a heavy trigger finger on the high pressure air blowoff tool, and my coworker sitting next to me couldn't care less.

Now put your dicks away. You look foolish and nobody else wants to see them.

Last edited:

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
I think we just saw yours.

Just to get this straight we can't have a debate and what you state as fact is the end of subject, period!

Ok, think I got it now............:rolleyes:

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion