GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Services on Mk7 GTD

a17vts

Passed Driver's Ed
Good Morning All,

I own a 2015 (65 plate) VW Golf GTD which has covered around 2,500 miles but unlike my old TT I'm unable to see when he service is due? (on the TT i had a count down type clock)

The main reason I ask is that I'm looking at going to Europe in the summer and will be covering around 2,000-2,500 miles and I dont want the service to flag up while I'm deep in the Alps!

Thanks in advance.

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Have a look in the menu, it will show you there in the car settings, it gives a months notice anyways, so no worries and enjoy the holiday.

a17vts

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks Avanti.

I'll have a play around with it tonight to have a look, it was so easy on my 2011 TT in comparison.

a17vts

Passed Driver's Ed
Have a look in the menu, it will show you there in the car settings, it gives a months notice anyways, so no worries and enjoy the holiday.

After your help Avanti, I found the service menu.

its not due a service until another 15k or so but I may pop it in for an oil change at around 3k price depending, it would also be nice for them to give it a check over before I go on my travels.

santiagopilgrim

Ready to race!
Good Morning All,

I own a 2015 (65 plate) VW Golf GTD which has covered around 2,500 miles but unlike my old TT I'm unable to see when he service is due? (on the TT i had a count down type clock)

The main reason I ask is that I'm looking at going to Europe in the summer and will be covering around 2,000-2,500 miles and I dont want the service to flag up while I'm deep in the Alps!

Thanks in advance.

That's awesome, I do the same every year in the Swiss Alps, it's the perfect car for such a drive. Going next week in the snow!

15k miles seems a long way - are they set up for long-life service intervals now?

I purchased mine with 6k miles and did the first service straight away, I wanted to make sure it was running on fresh oil and get a proper check over it as I was going over to the alps within a couple of weeks, didn't trust VW's 142 point check.

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
Does anyone have a list of what is (or supposed) to be done at the first 3 services.

I'll have my final 3rd Service coming up later this year as part of the service pack I got with the car, and am just interested to know what's supposed to be done. i.e. is a brake fluid change part of the job spec or is that extra ?

I know last year on the second service they tried to get me to have an Air con service (which I refused as I'd have this in year 3 instead).