GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Service Visits

JJ_MK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI Autobahn
I got a question for the members that have upgraded their GTI fuel mechanical pump with the AutoTech HPFP internals.
How many of you are still under warranty? Since obviously only tuned MK's can be running the AutoTech internals, how these particular GTI owner are handling visits to the dealership for service.
I heard some people mentioning about flashing their GTI's back to stock before taking it to the dealer service department, but this would not be an option if you are running the AutoTech pump internals, correct?
I'm very curious about the responses.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
They wouldn't know that you have the Autotech internals. Flashing to stock does not work. Any powertrain related warranty problem will be denied. They will still honor the rest of the warranty as they did mine by fixing the thermostat housing leak.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
It’ll run fine.
Yup…

OP: Drove my car for a week with daily commutes a few weeks ago with full throttle too on the stock tune with meth injection, upgrades hpfp & lpfp with a hybrid turbo and it’s runs perfectly fine.. slow but fine.

unfortunately the notion that “needing” to tune for fuel pumps/etc has just been voiced/repeated by many on the forums regardless of knowing how the fueling and boost requests work with the factory tune or any tune, has caused this invalid fear that the car will not work.