GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SEPA Inspection / Ethanol Questions

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
Hey gang,

I know this part of the forum is not very active but I was hoping someone or some people would know and be able to chime in. Was looking into an E30 tune but using the online gas finders / E locator websites it seems that E is limited in our part of the world.

I live in Limerick (right off 422) and regularly commute around KOP and down the blue route towards Delaware, so anywhere in that 40 mile commute with E could work if it has it reliably. Anybody local in the SEPA area use E and know where to get it?

Might as well ask here too, anyone also catless? Or catted and tuned but running with the secondary O2 monitor turned off so it reads "not ready" and still passing inspection? I read that we can have one monitor read not ready and still pass, but I'm not clear on the visual inspection part and/or of the one not ready thing is true.

Thanks in advance

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
I did try that one. I just didn't want to drive up to Lansdale to confirm there was E there. Or accept that that was the closest place. If it really is the closest station then it won't make sense to get an E30 tune unfortunately.

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
If you don't have any Sheetz near you, you aren't going to find any E85 stations your way.

Yea the closest sheetz is about 25 minutes away in a direction I don't typically travel. Then there is a Wawa in Lansdale apparently, but that's also 25 minutes in a direction I'm not often going. But I suppose between the two I could fill some 5 or 10 gallon containers to store for when I want to use it.

Consider meth injection?

I'd rather not. The GTI is my daily. I ran meth on my Speed3 and a decent set up with all the fail safes was expensive for a car that did mostly highway commuting. I ran meth over E because I couldn't find E. It's been several years now so I was hoping it became more prevalent around here.