GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Selling to Carmax

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
Sad, BUT at least you got top dollar for it

Only thing that gets me by. Not having the monthly payment for the next year and a half or two will be nice as well.

I put nothing down since it was 0%, and then they screwed up the taxes as an out of state purchase and sent me a big check back that I never put towards the principal because 0%. My monthly was just shy of 650. Insurance at ~100. 750 a month for a year and a half or two plus the 5,000 in equity I pulled out, plus what I'm getting for the parts, will make for a real nice down payment on something in 2023 or 2024.

Much better financial position to be in vs where I'd be just letting this depreciate at a rate that would probably match or exceed the payments I'm making once used car bubble bursts.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Only thing that gets me by. Not having the monthly payment for the next year and a half or two will be nice as well.

I put nothing down since it was 0%, and then they screwed up the taxes as an out of state purchase and sent me a big check back that I never put towards the principal because 0%. My monthly was just shy of 650. Insurance at ~100. 750 a month for a year and a half or two plus the 5,000 in equity I pulled out, plus what I'm getting for the parts, will make for a real nice down payment on something in 2023 or 2024.

Much better financial position to be in vs where I'd be just letting this depreciate at a rate that would probably match or exceed the payments I'm making once used car bubble bursts.
Can't argue with that.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
They wont accept the one that you can get directly from VWCredit's website?

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
They wont accept the one that you can get directly from VWCredit's website?
Apparently there is a consumer payoff and a dealer payoff. The amount was identical but they’re not the same thing for whatever reason. Seems highly inefficient.

the vw rep I spoke with wouldn’t even tell me what the dealer payoff amount was.