GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Selling a modded car to carvana/vroom/etc

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Don't worry about it. Just demod and move on.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Fold it up and tuck it in there. Or hide it somewhere lol

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Finkel is Einhorn!

Based on CPO cars coming out with modded ECUs I would bet many dealers never check the glove box.

They certainly won't check the under seat drawer but the next owner might not either. They also might not even read the manual...so there's that too :LOL:

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
19k was the pre-tax price for my 17 sport with 36k miles 3 years ago. So, yea...

max_power

Go Kart Newbie
I am in the middle of returning to as close to stock to do the same.

The only thing i am going to leave on the car are the VWR springs because i don't have the originals anymore.

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
This makes me nervous because I'm in the process of buying a used '19 Autobahn from Carmax. I'm crossing my fingers that it hasn't been modded. Only 10k miles but who knows.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
This makes me nervous because I'm in the process of buying a used '19 Autobahn from Carmax. I'm crossing my fingers that it hasn't been modded. Only 10k miles but who knows.

Order an OBD11, it'll tell you how many times it's been flashed.

Then match that to the number of flashes the dealer has on record. If an early 19, it'll have had 2 patches flashed.

Do this before your return period with carmax.

GTIguy87

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
Order an OBD11, it'll tell you how many times it's been flashed.

Then match that to the number of flashes the dealer has on record. If an early 19, it'll have had 2 patches flashed.

Do this before your return period with carmax.

Thanks, I'll check that out. I also might reach out to APR, EI, EQT, etcetera with the VIN just to cover my bases.