GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Seems the Golf is coming in April...

vwman

Go Kart Champion
theres not that big of a difference in the mk6 vs mk7. they look almost the same. theres just gonna be more engine combos right?

To the untrained eye they may look similar but there are numerous differences in the engineering, technology & some completely new engines involved from the old mk6...

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I'd say:

- New MQB Platform
- LSD
- Gen 3 EA888 Series 2.0L TSI
- Revamped Suspension
- Different Interior
- Different Instrument panel
- Lighting dynamics
- Entire rear of the car
- Cut lines
- Character and styling lines
- Spoiler Side sill
- GTI Sunroof

Many many many differences to be seen and an overall DIFFERENT design with a lot of characteristic roots.

MKV > MK6 was a HUGE jump Aethestically
MK6 > MK7 is a HUGE jump everywhere else.

krische

vdubber in training
I'd say:

- New MQB Platform
- LSD
- Gen 3 EA888 Series 2.0L TSI
- Revamped Suspension
- Different Interior
- Different Instrument panel
- Lighting dynamics
- Entire rear of the car
- Cut lines
- Character and styling lines
- Spoiler Side sill
- GTI Sunroof

Many many many differences to be seen and an overall DIFFERENT design with a lot of characteristic roots.

MKV > MK6 was a HUGE jump Aethestically
MK6 > MK7 is a HUGE jump everywhere else.

Still not sure how many of those things will come to North America. I could see VW giving us the same suspension as before and maybe even remove the LSD to keep costs down. But who knows, maybe they will manufacture the North America ones in Mexico for cheaper and keep the nicer options to offset that savings.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Still not sure how many of those things will come to North America. I could see VW giving us the same suspension as before and maybe even remove the LSD to keep costs down. But who knows, maybe they will manufacture the North America ones in Mexico for cheaper and keep the nicer options to offset that savings.

It cant be the same suspension since the construction and platform has changed. But you KNOW they will scrap most of the convenient features that we never get over here.

The Mexico production idea is sound.....however, they would be CRAZY not to manufacture it in Tennessee.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Also, the LSD is sort of a must have now. I see no reason for them NOT to offer it.

vwman

Go Kart Champion
I am sure there are a lot of details to be worked out. Has it been actually confirmed that this car is going to be produced in Mexico?

I've learned to never under estimate VWoA.

I would have thought now that electronic LSD is standard spec on all mk7 models it would remain as part of the build anyway
Now engine option availability may be a different matter altogether across the range i.e.