GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Seeing Torque reduction in my logs

crashracer

I'm seeing 'Torque Limitation Source', #128 (Temporary torque limitation because of operation at maximum charge pressure ratio) and 'dsgtorque reduction request' in my logs and I'm trying to figure out what's going on and how to remedy it. I happens during a launch and feels like the power is cut abruptly during the shift. It's happened multiple times but I could only locate this log.

Here's the log in question:
https://datazap.me/u/crashracer/golf-r-launch-summer-tires?log=0&data=8-10-41&zoom=1400-1725
17' R with EQT DSG and ECU OTS tunes
Iintake, intercooler, RS7 plugs
92 octane

mattkosem

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'24 GTI
It is my understanding that the DSG will limit torque when clutch pack limits are approached. You can get a DSG tune to address this

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
This isn't uncommon, and can be resolved by using an obd11/vcds to change a few settings like vibration reduction, etc. If you have facebook, come find us on EQT's VAG/MQB page. It's early and I haven't had enough coffee, so there are some other settings to change as well that escape me at the moment.

Also, try launching with cobb TC set to 8, and VW TC set to full off.

cr_sti

Go Kart Newbie
Is there a summary of recommended changes available for those of us not on Facebook? Please and thank you!!

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Are you sure it's actually impeding your 0 to 60 times? Got a dragy?

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Guys this is just on shifts... totally normal and no actual torque is being reduced. People need to put their AP's in their glove box unless they feel something odd :D

-- Ed