GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Secondary O2 Spacer Causes Overfueling

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
I was just about to install an O2 spacer to hopefully remove my newly found check engine light. Then I see this post from Matt at EQT:

Capture.JPG

What doesn't make any sense to me is why this ECU looks at the secondary O2 to control AFRs to any degree? (Im sure someone can chime in here) I think i've also read that this overfueling issue builds over time.

So does this mean I now need a gesi cat and pray that does the trick?

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Is this the issue people are working around by reflashing the car once a week?

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Try it and see. It's possible whatever spacer was being used wasn't working correctly. I know other guys who run spacers without any sort of running rich issues.

Factory logic is to add extra fuel when the ECU detects a catalyst that's efficiency level is below the desired threshold. Presumably this is better for emissions and whatnot.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Try it and see. It's possible whatever spacer was being used wasn't working correctly. I know other guys who run spacers without any sort of running rich issues.

Factory logic is to add extra fuel when the ECU detects a catalyst that's efficiency level is below the desired threshold. Presumably this is better for emissions and whatnot.
I've been using my 42DD spacer since 2017/18 timeframe without any issues or running rich.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Running a vibrant clone straight spacer with middle insert on my ARM catted DP. No issues with running rich i've seen in my logs. Not EQT tuned though. 🤷‍♂️

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
I recently unplugged mine and now under cruise my afr stays almost dead on 14.7 very occasionally jumping to 14.88 and right back. When it was plugged in it was constantly hunting between 13.9-15.2ish.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
I recently unplugged mine and now under cruise my afr stays almost dead on 14.7 very occasionally jumping to 14.88 and right back. When it was plugged in it was constantly hunting between 13.9-15.2ish.
Is this the sensor that's on the downpipe? And I assume by unplug you guys are just pulling the electric end and leaving the sensor in the pipe?