GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Scosche Double Din kit installed:

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion

I had an american international kit before and didnt like it, this one however fits much nicer and allows the mototization to work without needed to be modified.

just in case anyone else is swapping their radios and wanted to know the kit that fits so far the best.

Attachments

• scoschevwkit.jpg
    scoschevwkit.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 10,086

Goobax

Ready to race!
I am sure you enjoy your new radio but man that looks awful in terms of flow. Definitely looks like it wasn't made to be there.

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion
if you saw the other kit, you would agree this one is way better. My issue is there is not a unit, that matches the factory one, that does everything the aftermarket one does.

Ill sacrifice having the kit in there, to do everything i want it to do. Plus the sound from the original radio flat out sucks.

whitegti6

Ready to race!
What are you talking about? How does that look awful in terms of "flow"? I, personally, would have to have an actual volume knob instead of the buttons, but it looks good otherwise.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
texture doesn't seem to match the rest of the car ... aside from that not bad I suppose.

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion
trust me, when i tell you this one matches the best out of the Metra, A.I., Best Kit, and Schoshe kits.(been there already)

p.s. i dont mind not having a volume knob, we make data interfaces for Can networks, and one is coming to use the VW steering wheel can messages, i do have the Metra on also which requires turning the radio off to use the MFI controls. Which to me sucks. So i will wait till ours is ready to integrate it to the pioneer.

pengee

Passed Driver's Ed
trust me, when i tell you this one matches the best out of the Metra, A.I., Best Kit, and Schoshe kits.(been there already)

p.s. i dont mind not having a volume knob, we make data interfaces for Can networks, and one is coming to use the VW steering wheel can messages, i do have the Metra on also which requires turning the radio off to use the MFI controls. Which to me sucks. So i will wait till ours is ready to integrate it to the pioneer.

Glad to hear you think that scosche is the better kit. I got one last week as it was the only one available locally. My wife got the metra kit for her speed3 and while it matches the interior color better, the mounts should have been metal, not plastic. My one complaint about the schosche is that the bezel is too dark but the fitment was spot on.

Also, I agree with you on the volume knob. Why bother when you have steering wheel controls? Admittedly I was very apprehensive about swapping out my RNS315. Yeah, the screen was tiny but everything worked pretty well, the radio was clear and overall the unit was snappy. Its been a bit of an adjustment to move to something else but the sound quality is way better.

What unit do you have? I enjoy my new appradio but my wife got one too but I think she might be better of with something more 'standard'.

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
Looks outta place but, if it works good that's all that matters.

dav1d

Ready to race!

pengee

Passed Driver's Ed
how do you get that info on your stereo?

Appradio2, ARL, Torque and an ODB2 BT dongle. Its mostly just for fun, but I do run pandora, google music, tune in radio, google maps etc to pretty much replace all the features of my RNS315.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
Appradio2, ARL, Torque and an ODB2 BT dongle. Its mostly just for fun, but I do run pandora, google music, tune in radio, google maps etc to pretty much replace all the features of my RNS315.

THAT is definitely badass and very usefull:w00t:. how much did it run you all together?

pengee

Passed Driver's Ed
THAT is definitely badass and very usefull:w00t:. how much did it run you all together?

The unit was $499, but it can probably be found cheaper. You can buy an MHL adapter kit for $15 - $30 to connect your android phone and skip buying the pioneer kit which is $100. If you have an iphone everything you need comes with the unit cable wise. I don't know about the iphone for software but for android you'd need ARL which is $30 (expensive but worth it), torque is $5 bucks and I got my ODB dongle for $25 I think.

So ~$600 for just what you would need. That is excluding the dash kit with wiring harness, CAN decoder for vehicle sensors and the decoder for the steering wheel controls ($150-200 if you want that). Maybe they can be found for less, I didn't really shop around.

Here is a video clip.

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion
Glad to hear you think that scosche is the better kit. I got one last week as it was the only one available locally. My wife got the metra kit for her speed3 and while it matches the interior color better, the mounts should have been metal, not plastic. My one complaint about the schosche is that the bezel is too dark but the fitment was spot on.

Also, I agree with you on the volume knob. Why bother when you have steering wheel controls? Admittedly I was very apprehensive about swapping out my RNS315. Yeah, the screen was tiny but everything worked pretty well, the radio was clear and overall the unit was snappy. Its been a bit of an adjustment to move to something else but the sound quality is way better.

What unit do you have? I enjoy my new appradio but my wife got one too but I think she might be better of with something more 'standard'.

i have the avn-8400

It has its own little quiks, but a solid performer in my eyes. I have the app radio cable also on it.

quality_sound

hmm.......
Which scosche kit is that? The one on that is on their site is the one I have and it looks like everyone else's. That one does look a lot nicer but I'm keeping the RCD510, at least for now, and feeding it into my processor.

trigger_storey

Ready to race!
Not a fan of the texture or look. Maybe if something was added to the side or the piece was wrapped in vinyl etc it would look better. I like that torque app on the stereo though. Looks a lot better than my phone.