GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SCCA Partner Program Discount is membership verified?

gtinewbie1

Passed Driver's Ed
Got my hands on a certificate without paying for a membership. Does anyone know if your membership is verified.

Going down to the dealership tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

huh0kay

Passed Driver's Ed
Mine wasn't verified at all, albeit it was paid for. They just checked a book for the SCCA code and entered it into the computer.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
1) ignore the fed. He just likes to watch himself type.

2) It varies. I’ve bought two with the program. One dealer insisted on my SCCA membership number with photo proof. The second dealer never asked for it.

gtinewbie1

Passed Driver's Ed
1) ignore the fed. He just likes to watch himself type.

2) It varies. I’ve bought two with the program. One dealer insisted on my SCCA membership number with photo proof. The second dealer never asked for it.

Photo proof? What are they asking to see?

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Right. Proof of membership number. Best bet is to simply ask the dealer in advance.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
I had to fill out a form when I purchased my car through the partner purchase program (similar pricing to the SCCA program), and I did have to provide some verification for it.

The dealer will not need to submit a copy of your SCCA membership at the time of sale, but the deal is subject to audit by VW so if there isn't a copy in your deal jacket, the dealer will be on the hook for the amount of the discount. They assume all the risk in this scenario.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Talk about gaming the system.

^ this.

Join the SCCA dude!

It’s a nominal fee to join and your support will allow the program to continue.

God, at 40 I feel like such an old man in the forums.

Whatever happened to paying it forward and supporting systems that help everyone get discounts?

People trying to hide tunes from the dealers to scam warranty work, people getting catless downpipes for an extra 10HP (however they have kids but don’t care about the environmental affects if all of the other 7 Billion people in the world were as irresponsible as them), people complaining about weak clutches when they choose to add gobs of power. What is wrong with people?

/Rant

gtinewbie1

Passed Driver's Ed
Do all dealers take the discount or are there some who just plain refuse? Going down in a few hrs to buy the car after negotiating all week on price over email.

It was like pulling teeth to get $3,500 off but they finally agreed. Don’t know how springing this on them will go.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
always better to discuss everything 1st....and whenever the ? involves "all" the answer is "always" no

Mud

good luck

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Do all dealers take the discount or are there some who just plain refuse? Going down in a few hrs to buy the car after negotiating all week on price over email.

It was like pulling teeth to get $3,500 off but they finally agreed. Don’t know how springing this on them will go.

It’s a VW voucher for $500, so yes they should take it as it’s just cash.

If they balk take your business elsewhere.

I can’t remeber if it’s the same but I used my employment for the VW Supplier Discount, I had to go to my employer for a code and enter it on the website and print the certificate.

This may have the same type of mechanism, look at the VW Partner website for more answers.

wantone

Ready to race!
Couldn't you sign up with your phone at the dealership if they demanded membership proof? IF you used SCCA as the "partner", then nothing will change except you'll now be able to show your "active" status online. I probably tossed my card the day I signed up. That cannot be the proof they would demand.

Most of the DC area dealers will not allow the discount. I guess they feel their pricing is already low enough. Strange as it comes from VW. It should be no skin off their back I wouldn't think.

gtinewbie1

Passed Driver's Ed
^ this.

Join the SCCA dude!

It’s a nominal fee to join and your support will allow the program to continue.

God, at 40 I feel like such an old man in the forums.

Whatever happened to paying it forward and supporting systems that help everyone get discounts?

People trying to hide tunes from the dealers to scam warranty work, people getting catless downpipes for an extra 10HP (however they have kids but don’t care about the environmental affects if all of the other 7 Billion people in the world were as irresponsible as them), people complaining about weak clutches when they choose to add gobs of power. What is wrong with people?

/Rant

Do you have a referral code I can use?