GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Scarce Golf 7 1.4 TSI ACT performance mods

bilaba70

Passed Driver's Ed
Any suggestions for Golf 7 1.4 TSI ACT performance mods

Hey guys,

I'm looking in to some performance modifications for my Golf 7 1.4 TSI ACT (2013) and it seems I'm having trouble finding these. I can only find mods for either the 1.8, GTI or R-golf. Any suggestions?

Also, what are your experiences with a BOV? A quick search on this forum lead me to see that most people are happy with the stock golf 7 diverter valve.

I want to enhance the engine (including turbo) sound and performance of my golf and almost can't find any upgrades.

Last edited:

bilaba70

Passed Driver's Ed
I wanted to chiptune my golf and called a few tuning companies. All of them did not recommend a chiptune on the 1.4 TSI engine due to a very very weak turbo. Broken turbos and very unhappy customers.

This limits my performance possibilities severely.

I bought a k&n sportsairfilter.

For the swooshy sound I want to install the forge dump valve.

Also I want to perform an inletclean.

But other than this I don't know which performance upgrades there are.

Most of the upgrades are for the Gti or the golf r.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
I wanted to chiptune my golf and called a few tuning companies. All of them did not recommend a chiptune on the 1.4 TSI engine due to a very very weak turbo. Broken turbos and very unhappy customers.

This limits my performance possibilities severely.

I bought a k&n sportsairfilter.

For the swooshy sound I want to install the forge dump valve.

Also I want to perform an inletclean.

But other than this I don't know which performance upgrades there are.

Most of the upgrades are for the Gti or the golf r.

I think this fits your engine.

https://www.tmg-performance.com/turbo-ea211rs.html

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
I could be mistaken, but JB4 supports the 1.4T, and could be worthwhile for a little bump in boost. Couple that with that turbo mentioned above and you could be getting some power out of that block.

setterlee

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi, I have a 1.4 TSI and yep, the turbo is weak... I broke mine with a TDI-Tuning piggyback.

And Here in Chile have some info that 3 of 5 cars tuned with revo stage 1 broke too

Enviado desde mi SM-G975F mediante Tapatalk

Staticsouls

Car(s)
2019 mk7.5 se 1.4t
Old thread, but I am running a gts race chip on mine with the k&n filter and love it. I run 91 octane all the time and only use the higher maps with booster. This car has been super fun for the 5k I've had it. Very peppy, and I can get up to 40 combined mpg. It's not as fast as a stock gti but it also get twice the mileage.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny