GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Scandinavian lights. Before and after.

Adurm

Go Kart Newbie
I watched a local news report in Florida and they said the f1 third brake light is fine but you can't have any other flashing red lights on the car. Obviously flashing blue is illegal.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
That'll work. The app and tweak works on my 19, but the 3rd brake light doesn't flash. Are you sure that you don't have anything additional installed? The Scandi DRL's shouldn't do anything to make the 3rd brake light flash.
There’s only the mirror dip (didn’t work), show fan level on auto for the ac, increased traction on lsd and finally xds on strongest setting

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
There’s only the mirror dip (didn’t work), show fan level on auto for the ac, increased traction on lsd and finally xds on strongest setting
Hmm, interesting. In some places the flashing 3rd brake light is illegal, I'm not sure about your local jurisdiction. I'm wondering if the dealer installed the module before you bought the car. That seems to be the case for people who haven't installed anything on their own.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Hmm, interesting. In some places the flashing 3rd brake light is illegal, I'm not sure about your local jurisdiction. I'm wondering if the dealer installed the module before you bought the car. That seems to be the case for people who haven't installed anything on their own.
I’m sure my car didn’t have a flashing f1 type thing before introducing the obd11

my wife’s GLI didn’t either. Yet after adding the Scandinavian lights, it gained the f1 style center brake light. Maybe it’s a 2020 thing?

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
There could be a difference in the BCM or the wiring for the '20 models, it's hard to say without digging further into which modules are installed in your cars

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
VW has done it before, there are a few differences between the modules in the 7's and the 7.5's. There's also differences between the modules in the 18's and 19's. Wouldn't surprise me at all if the 20's are a bit different too

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
VW has done it before, there are a few differences between the modules in the 7's and the 7.5's. There's also differences between the modules in the 18's and 19's. Wouldn't surprise me at all if the 20's are a bit different too
Oh wow. I didn’t realize that.