GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SCAMMERS ALWAYS TRYIN

oldcar82

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
vw golf tdi
Yesterday I posted in the private sale section looking for some alltrack rims for sale.....one of our members replied to my posting that she had a friend that was not on this site as a member but to contact him and he could send me pics of the rims and work out the price...I contacted him by email directly asking for price pics and location but also looked on my thread to see if anyone else replied to my post here...curiously the post from this person that gave me the email had erased her email and then I get an email from the supposed seller that he would only be able to sell me the rims if I agreed to ship them..."do you agree to these conditions?" he writes...and Im like what? seriously? so you send me no pics..no price..but then ask me to agree to shipping imaginary rims???? LMFAO...I eat scumbags like this for lunch....anyhow here is his email if you get some silly emails and should be tempted in case he ups his game...denismahone4@gmail.com. Happy Easter people!!!!

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Yeah, it's getting pretty bad. I'd rather support our legit members here as a first option, but It makes creating WTB threads a real PITA.

Isn't there a way to restrict posting in the classified section, or sending PM's until a certain post count?

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Yeah, it's getting pretty bad. I'd rather support our legit members here as a first option, but It makes creating WTB threads a real PITA.

Isn't there a way to restrict posting in the classified section, or sending PM's until a certain post count?

send a screen shot to the moderators, they’ll ban.

oldcar82

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
vw golf tdi
send a screen shot to the moderators, they’ll ban.
Nobody to ban....original reply to my WTB ad deleted her answer with the email to her so called friend...wish I had taken note of her/his screen name on here because I would definitely sent that to the mods...God I hate scammers!!

zucchinies

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 A3
If you make a WTB post you will get them. I got one when I PM'd someone on audizine about being interested in some wheels a guy was selling but it was on a WTS RS3 post. A bot contacted me saying a friend has an RS3 for sell about 5k under asking and to email them. It's a bot that just skims some basic info and sends you a message with a phone to call. Be wary and careful and only buy/sell from verified people.