SCAMMER WARNING!

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
He's banned so it doesn't matter.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Why are these so common? I swear I get a new one every day for about a week after I post a “WTB”

Same dude PM'd me too for a set of coils I'm looking for.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
He's banned so it doesn't matter.

Until the next one pops up.. There should be a minimum post count before you get PM privileges.

Mindys

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2020 Golf GTI SE
Can the forum require that the poster of for sale items have a piece of paper with their forum name and date in the picture of the items that they are selling? This way is some proof that they have the item. They required this over at Mustang6G forums when I had the stand and it made buying from members a bit more confident.

Mindys

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2020 Golf GTI SE
Can the forum require that the poster of for sale items have a piece of paper with their forum name and date in the picture of the items that they are selling? This way is some proof that they have the item. They required this over at Mustang6G forums when I had the stand and it made buying from members a bit more confident.

I'm gonna bring this point up again. I'm rather certain I already ran into 2 scammers on here, but luckily I can tell when people are bs'ing. Can we have this as a requirement and those who don't post properly get removed?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I'm gonna bring this point up again. I'm rather certain I already ran into 2 scammers on here, but luckily I can tell when people are bs'ing. Can we have this as a requirement and those who don't post properly get removed?
Ask a moderator.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
I would report anyone you suspect of running a scam for the mods to investigate.

notreadleft777

Car(s)
'19 Golf R
SCAM Alert! I need assistance from Moderators please!

I was messaged by a "Breezy11" last week offering an email address (bethamgottfried@gmail.com) of a seller to a "WTB" thread I had on a EQT Vortex Turbo. I emailed and foolishly fell for it, and now am out $1100 :-( They even included a picture of the turbo with my name on a piece of paper, so I felt it was legit. The seller claimed they were from NM under the username "CoopDelux"

I see that the Breezy11 account has since been removed, and so the conversation is now not there any longer.

Please any information you can glean would be a big help. Thanks!

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco

I was messaged by a "Breezy11" last week offering an email address (bethamgottfried@gmail.com) of a seller to a "WTB" thread I had on a EQT Vortex Turbo. I emailed and foolishly fell for it, and now am out $1100 :-( They even included a picture of the turbo with my name on a piece of paper, so I felt it was legit. The seller claimed they were from NM under the username "CoopDelux"

I see that the Breezy11 account has since been removed, and so the conversation is now not there any longer.

Hopefully you used PayPal and will be taken care of.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma

Their ip address is from Nigeria. Prob not much you can do unfortunately. Tough lesson to learn, always pay with goods and services/PayPal
SmartSelect_20230421_122934_Chrome.jpg