GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sat nav question

le0n1

Ready to race!
Do Discover pro (the 8") use SD card for navigation?

Feel free to use the thread for other sat nav relatated question :)

lawrie1

Ready to race!
The sat nav has a 60(?) GB hard drive of which 10GB is for personal use. Music, photos etc.
The nav data comes on a SD disc but I assumed that it was loaded onto the HD and that is what the extra space on the HD is for.

reading nav data from an SD card is significantly slower than from the HD

le0n1

Ready to race!
Its pre-instald my dealer just told me :) My problem is that the sat nav doese't seem to now the differens between bicycle, walking and car road. (norway)

le0n1

Ready to race!
Hehe:) The roads ment for bicycles and walking People are normaly blocked for cars :p

le0n1

Ready to race!
My sat nav is pre-instal from VW and I checked with my dealer and I have the latest version.

But it's just not up to date, lots of road who closed several years ago is still there, old adresses on my "Special destination folder" and so on.
This is in Norway, but how is it for all of you? Up to date?

Stripey

Ready to race!
General question........I have the 'media' satnav. Is it possible to set destination by postcode? Also when entering a full address, I cant seem to enter a house number, only an intersection?

Russkiya

Passed Driver's Ed
Link to Navteq/VW site for map updates. And instructions of how to update.

Please note this is a free site for Discover Media AND Discover Pro map updates.

http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/IN...t=application/ApplicationFrame_campaign_light

This has come from a link on the German VW site. But from my experience the map data will be multi lingual. As this is map data it shouldn't affect any other settings you have. After all the instructions and page are in English.

Last edited:

Norway1000

Hi, I just tried to update the maps on my Discover Pro system from the EU 2012/2013 to the EU 2013 version with the 18 Gb download from previous link. After more than four hours with ignition on the upload stopped at 78%... put the battery on charge and will do another attempt tomorrow. Anobody else that have done this upgrade successfully?
Another strange thing with the entertainment/info system, sometimes the car suddenly displays information in German even if the system is set to Norwegian, do anybody know how to upgrade/update the firmware of the Discover Pro unit?

le0n1

Ready to race!
Have'nt updated yet because the lates Version was pre-instald at my car when i bought it (Norway, end of febuary).

I also have the problem With the display information suddenly being in german.
Goes away when I re-start the car:)

Doden

Ready to race!
Cannot believe that new car arrived yesterday without the sat nav card installed. Dealer tells me this is normal, it is sent separately and arrives up to 5 days later!! Car is fantastic by the way!

Essjay

Ready to race!
Cannot believe that new car arrived yesterday without the sat nav card installed. Dealer tells me this is normal, it is sent separately and arrives up to 5 days later!! Car is fantastic by the way!

Mine didn't have the sat nav installed when I went to pick it up, they installed it there and then when I queried it:)

vwman

Go Kart Champion

Once the car is logged into port the card becomes available to that car.