GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sat nav active with speed display

acoustic

Passed Driver's Ed
Does anyone know if it is possible to have the digital speedo displayed when the sat nav is active?

I normally have the digital speedo on all the time but as soon as i enable sat nav it is replaced with graphics of up coming directions and other less useful bits of info such as arrival time etc. Been through most of the option menus but cant find anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aunsafe2015

Ready to race!
Does anyone know if it is possible to have the digital speedo displayed when the sat nav is active?

I normally have the digital speedo on all the time but as soon as i enable sat nav it is replaced with graphics of up coming directions and other less useful bits of info such as arrival time etc. Been through most of the option menus but cant find anything.

I'm pretty sure It is possible. Just flip though the MFD controls and it should eventually end up back on the digital speedo, I believe.

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
In addition to the replies above, it's also possible with a mk7 to have both!

You can have the SATNAV information appear on the centre display of the instrument cluster and the digital speed on the infotainment screen if you implement the "driving school" tweak with something like a VCDS cable.

acoustic

Passed Driver's Ed
Use the right side MFD left/right scroll buttons and it will take you through all the usual choices.

Yup know its possible to get speedo back when sat mav activated but i want the sat nav directional info AND the speedo at the same time. Seems daft that it is either one or the other.

Bikebits

Ready to race!
Yup know its possible to get speedo back when sat mav activated but i want the sat nav directional info AND the speedo at the same time. Seems daft that it is either one or the other.

In that case, touch the "View" pop-up tab that comes up when your hand approaches the nav screen. Select the "Split Screen" box. There is a drop-down menu at the top. Select "Maneuver" and an inset box on the nav screen will show the next direction the nav wants you to take. That way you can have your speed on the instrument MFD and the visual nav prompt on the nav screen. At any time while navigating a route if you press the right side knob on the infotainment system it will give you an audible cue for the next maneuver as well.

It's all in the manual.

Last edited:

acoustic

Passed Driver's Ed
...That way you can have your speed on the instrument MFD and the visual nav prompt on the nav screen.

You my friend are a genius! Would never have thought of that. A bit more fiddly than it should be (would be good to have nav and speed on MFD at same tine) but will do the job. The replay voice command via the right dial is also a nice tip. Cheers.