GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SALE FEELER: INTEREST IN MK6 QUALITY AFTERMARKET COATED, SLOTTED/DRILLED ROTORS?

allset

Go Kart Champion
The oem brakes are very decent if paired with good rotors and pads.

Is there interest in a sales thread on good zinc coated slotted/drilled rotors?

FYI:

The rotor blanks are centric/stoptech. U choose how customized u want them.

Coated so no more rust, scored for better grip and a hell of a lot better looking.

Used with a decent low dust ceramic pad is a an affordable way to get much better braking vs. a BBK.

Could be fronts only or full set? No pricing yet just testing the waters.

What say you...?

update july 5 2013:

Prelim info on rotor sale:

Pricing to follow.

A variety of brake pads will also be available at usual SP/Allset low prices

Stoptech/Centric rotor blanks

Front pair: $?
Rear pair: $?
Front and rear set: $?

Choice of

Dimpled
Drilled
Dimpled/slotted
Drilled/slotted

Zinc finish
Silver is standard
Black add: $? per axle
Gold add: $? per axle

Hub coating

Black, red, blue, yellow or orange add: $? per axle

Last edited:

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
If price is good...I need the front ones!

allset

Go Kart Champion
Price expectation?

not sure yet but all my threads have been pretty much lower than any other sites, so i would expect the same.

before i get the players involved for prices and variants i want to know its worth the trouble.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
not sure yet but all my threads have been pretty much lower than any other sites, so i would expect the same.

before i get the players involved for prices and variants i want to know its worth the trouble.

Any Brand in mind?

allset

Go Kart Champion

allset

Go Kart Champion
im running Supreme Power's zinc coated slotted rotors in my rear with hawk ultra low dust ceramic pads.

They look and perform great. BEST part is ZERO rust on unswept surfaces so ZERO rust dust after cleaning , rain, etc.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
I'm running the same set up as Grambles on the rear:Centrics & Stoptech.Good stuff so far.

allset

Go Kart Champion
I'm running the same set up as Grambles on the rear:Centrics & Stoptech.Good stuff so far.

u have 2010? what size rotor did u use?

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Yes,2010.Not a clue about the size,but good point,since I believe newer models might be diffrent in some parts.

allset

Go Kart Champion
Yes,2010.Not a clue about the size,but good point,since I believe newer models might be diffrent in some parts.

oh def in 2010.

call VW with the rotor part # and they say 282mm but ive heard from many ppl its actually 286mm and its an error in vw's system. They also used 272mm on some 2010's. so 3 diff sizes were used in 2010

2011 most have the Bosch rear which is 272mm and the only size that year IIRC

not sure 2012+ sizes

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Ok,good to know.

allset

Go Kart Champion
ECS GEOMAT SLOTTED rotors. Suppose to be better than zinc coated. Looks like a great option for a upgraded rotor.

http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_VI--2.0T/Braking/Rotors/ES2167541/

yeah i looked into those b4 i got my rears. I hear the coating flakes/chips easily b/c its kinda thick then once rust gets going it moves under it and progresses like rust under paint.

I like zinc b/c its plated on and very thin. most all BBK kits use it or offer as an option, my Brembos came with zinc.

allset

Go Kart Champion
up fo input