GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Saint Louis

Black&WhiteGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'16 GTI '92 Miata
If you had a code related to the tail lights prior to the wires becoming damaged it will make fixing the issue trickier and may result in paying for more hours of labor. I would swap the lights back if possible to ensure the quickest and cheapest repair.
Okay, I guess it would be fine if I ended up finding out what was wrong, fix it, then sending in the car with the euro taillights to see what is the issue with the wiring harness up front?

95gto

Go Kart Newbie
Okay, I guess it would be fine if I ended up finding out what was wrong, fix it, then sending in the car with the euro taillights to see what is the issue with the wiring harness up front?
I think we are confusing each other. I thought you stated your car had a code from the tail lights that is unrelated to the current cut wire issue. If that is the case you will want to put the lights back to stock. If the lights were not causing any codes and the only issue you have started with the cut wires then I wouldn't bother changing anything before taking it in.

Black&WhiteGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'16 GTI '92 Miata
I think we are confusing each other. I thought you stated your car had a code from the tail lights that is unrelated to the current cut wire issue. If that is the case you will want to put the lights back to stock. If the lights were not causing any codes and the only issue you have started with the cut wires then I wouldn't bother changing anything before taking it in.
Sorry, I can be confusing when I talk on here.

I had two issues (you mentioned both):
(1) A short circuit code that I fixed and cleared a few days ago and it hasn't come back yet.
(2) Some wires in the engine bay that were chewed/cut in half. The wires just so happened to be the brake light switch wires.

The reason why I would consider taking off the euro tail lights is because Dean Team didn't want to work on fixing and reattaching the wires because of issue 1, that is fixed now, so I don't think I will bother with switching them.

Thank you for trying to understand my situation 😂