GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Safety System Failure

tdple5

Car(s)
Mk 7.5 Golf R
Hi,
Just got a new R. Was driving around with all of the safety systems on, and when I was backing out of a parking spot, as the cars came driving by, the car gave me no feedback and I heard no beeping, which I was told it would do by the salesman. Has this happened to anybody else?

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Been lied to by a car salesman? No, absolutely not, never.

Go thru the menu and make sure all such features are turned on first.

tdple5

Car(s)
Mk 7.5 Golf R
Hi,
I did my research before hand and the car is supposed to have that feature. I went through and double checked that everything was on after this happened and it was. It should have beeped but did not.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
It's brand new? Take it to dealer I guess. No system is perfect but mine is pretty good about letting me know about crossing traffic in parking lots etc.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Have you tried the feature in different locations or scenarios. Radars sensing these features might not like certain obstrucles in their point of view (maybe at that particular spot).

Also which part of the earth (your profile says so) are you from. Different countries might get Rs with different safety features.

tdple5

Car(s)
Mk 7.5 Golf R
Hi,
I multiple times that I was backing out it failed to warn me. I think that I might just need to bring it in to the dealership. Also, I'm from the US.

new R Fan 2018

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 R
Those pesky sensors have saved my ass several times.