GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sachs SRE Clutch Kit Review - GTI

flip7

Ready to race!
Can anyone confirm whether these are the right part # for the SRE clutch for a MK7 GTI SE 2016?

pressure plate: 883082001422
clutch disk: 881864999502
or clutch+disk kit: 001422.999502B
DMFW:OE 06J105266AL

Thanks

bayarea7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 RSM 2 door S 6M
Wanted to add that I been on this clutch with stock flywheel for about 10k miles without issue. Powerwise Been running COBB stage 2/3 91 ots maps no problems at all.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Did everyone's clutch come with the pressure plate bolts? For some reason my didn't. But, my Sachs flywheel came with the flywheel bolts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
Can anyone confirm whether these are the right part # for the SRE clutch for a MK7 GTI SE 2016?

pressure plate: 883082001422
clutch disk: 881864999502
or clutch+disk kit: 001422.999502B
DMFW:OE 06J105266AL

Thanks

Are you trying to order separate? You can get the part # from any vendor that sells the kit.

Did everyone's clutch come with the pressure plate bolts? For some reason my didn't. But, my Sachs flywheel came with the flywheel bolts.

Mine did not.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
I'll be getting mine from DAP. But you can get them from your VW dealer.

gx33

Ready to race!
Just an update to my OP - I am now at over 30k miles on the Sachs SRE clutch kit and APR Stage 1 LO - with no issues. I re-used the stock flywheel. Chatter is minimal at idle with my foot off the clutch (my stock clutch also chattered in this scenario). I've done a bunch of "hard" driving, a few launches, and lots of traffic.

Edit: And yes, I put a crazy amount of miles on my car :).

Ital

Go Kart Newbie
I got one of these installed as well and it is really good for daily driving.
I had a dual mass flywheel with 3k miles on it and reused it. Should that cause premature wear? Thanks

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I track and autocross my car, and this is my expected choice when the stock clutch starts to die. I'm on EQT stg 1 91 Oct with 14,000 miles, 10,000 with tune. The trick to extending the life of the stock clutch is no WOT from low rpms in 4th, 5th or 6th gear. So far, no slip at all with hard use.

Just a point of reference for those on stock clutch still and a tune.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Doesn't even need to be full throttle at low RPMs. On Stage 2 tune, my stock clutch started slipping from half throttle blips at 3K RPMs in 4th gear.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Doesn't even need to be full throttle at low RPMs. On Stage 2 tune, my stock clutch started slipping from half throttle blips at 3K RPMs in 4th gear.

Good point. Use 3rd gear to accelerate and pass.