GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sachs SRE Clutch Kit Review - GTI

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
This clutch is a GREAT daily and holds big power and abuse. I am proof :D

which version? the DMF regular version or the DMF "Racing" verison?

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
Any reason why this over the RSR? Just picked up an IS38 and need a clutch that will hold the power effortlessly. Don't want a SMF setup so these two seem like the best option.

Thoughts on Sachs vs RSR?

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
which version? the DMF regular version or the DMF "Racing" verison?

I'm on the regular. I don't think anyone else here launches with slicks at the track with over 100 passes like me on it either :D

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
I'm on the regular. I don't think anyone else here launches with slicks at the track with over 100 passes like me on it either :D

really? that's with the is38 and ED? that's close to 400tq ya? Shit.... maybe they will "need" someone to test the racing version as i plan on doing TT comps next year full time.

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
11k miles on mine now, no issues. Still get the occasional shudder and chatter on idle, but overall holding up well.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
really? that's with the is38 and ED? that's close to 400tq ya? Shit.... maybe they will "need" someone to test the racing version as i plan on doing TT comps next year full time.

Yeah I mean, I don't plan on dyno'ing the car but....122.5mph in a 6MT is making power :D
I do have chatter though. Not crazy loud but it is noticeable even with a fluidampr.

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Yeah I mean, I don't plan on dyno'ing the car but....122.5mph in a 6MT is making power :D
I do have chatter though. Not crazy loud but it is noticeable even with a fluidampr.

thats awesome. Just gotta source an OEM DMF and aTOB and i'm good to go

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
I got a Sachs flywheel off of rockauto for $305 shipped as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk