GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sachs 4 puck- thoughts?

stockton2007

Go Kart Champion
yep, sure does help thanks for the detailed information!!
I think you are very happy with your setup and I am probably going to go the same route if/when my normal RSR get's overwhelmed from my upgrades. just wondering if i could stay with my same DMF (currently at 40k miles plus) and really do not know the condition until it's really opened up and then having to buy one on the spot. sometimes even brand new parts are out of balance. DMF's speaking...i don't like to re-surface things like this either..
does the setup also come with the all metal VAG TOB? or I would buy that separately? thanks again, enjoy!!

I purchased the disc, pp and tob all separate

TheProfessional

Go Kart Newbie
yep, sure does help thanks for the detailed information!!
I think you are very happy with your setup and I am probably going to go the same route if/when my normal RSR get's overwhelmed from my upgrades. just wondering if i could stay with my same DMF (currently at 40k miles plus) and really do not know the condition until it's really opened up and then having to buy one on the spot. sometimes even brand new parts are out of balance. DMF's speaking...i don't like to re-surface things like this either..
does the setup also come with the all metal VAG TOB? or I would buy that separately? thanks again, enjoy!!

A DMF can't be resurfaced. I am putting a new one in with the clutch. As for TOB, you will need to source the one you want (no TOB is included).

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
I'll give an update to my build along with part# from FCP euro and ECS Tuning

Sachs performance kit

Genuine VW Audi TOB All Metal 0A5141671F

Sachs DMF

iAbed RMS

034 Motor mounts

Replacement dogbone mount

ECS Tuning SS Clutch line

Motul 75w90 fluid

REVO lower torque mount

Peloquin 02Q LSD

SQS Racing Bronze shift fork sliders

I've clocked over 1800 miles with this clutch after about 1k or depending on where you're driving city vs highway. The clutch will start to feel a lot better. I had a couple of things to get used to since I had the shop remove the clutch delay valve and getting a new clutch on top of that there was a lot of re-learning to do. I will say this clutch take a "tad" bit more effort to work.. and for what your getting is in my opinion the best option to go. It will take a bit of effort in the morning to get the clutch warmed up and operating smoothly but I don't think I notice it as bad as some people with having the SQS Racing bronze shift for sliders installed. This kit retains the Dual Mass Flywheel setup and the car feels just like it did with the stock setup.

Last edited:

radoroc

Ready to race!
Is it grabby?

I'll give an update to my build along with part# from FCP euro and ECS Tuning

Sachs performance kit

Sachs DMF

iAbed RMS

034 Motor mounts

Motul 75w90 fluid

REVO lower torque mount

Peloquin 02Q LSD

I've clocked over 1800 miles with this clutch after about 1k or depending on where you're driving city vs highway. The clutch will start to feel a lot better. I had a couple of things to get used to since I had the shop remove the clutch delay valve and getting a new clutch on top of that there was a lot of re-learning to do. I will say this clutch take a "tad" bit more effort to work.. and for what your getting is in my opinion the best option to go. It will take a bit of effort in the morning to get the clutch warmed up and operating smoothly but I don't think I notice it as bad as some people with having the SQS Racing bronze shift for sliders installed. This kit retains the Dual Mass Flywheel setup and the car feels just like it did with the stock setup.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Bump. I'm likely going this route with my Alltrack in the next month. What's the advantage of going with the metal throwout bearing / slave cylinder (0A5141671F) vs the stock Plastic (0A5141671N).

I'm really hoping this clutch behaves well in traffic, as I see a lot of it sometimes.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
The kit listed says it doesn't fit the GTI and is for the Golf R. Should we ignore that? The kit you have listed is over 100 dollars cheaper than the kit on ECS that is supposed to fit:

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-sachs-performance-parts/performance-clutch-kit/20023524999505kt/

I'll give an update to my build along with part#

from FCP euro and ECS Tuning

Sachs performance kit

Sachs DMF

iAbed RMS

034 Motor mounts

Motul 75w90 fluid

REVO lower torque mount

Peloquin 02Q LSD

TheProfessional

Go Kart Newbie
Bump. I'm likely going this route with my Alltrack in the next month. What's the advantage of going with the metal throwout bearing / slave cylinder (0A5141671F) vs the stock Plastic (0A5141671N).

I'm really hoping this clutch behaves well in traffic, as I see a lot of it sometimes.

Only difference is the connection point where it transitions from plastic to metal can snap. Having the all metal one eliminates a failure point. Functionally, there is no difference. I was going all metal for the DKM kit I had, but sold all of that and am using the N version with the Sachs kit.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Only difference is the connection point where it transitions from plastic to metal can snap. Having the all metal one eliminates a failure point. Functionally, there is no difference. I was going all metal for the DKM kit I had, but sold all of that and am using the N version with the Sachs kit.
Good to know. Thanks!

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Sachs also has different PNs for the GTI kit versus the Golf R kit on their website. No clue what the difference is.
I was told the GTI, Golf R, and Alltrack use the same clutch setup. It looks like that's true if what ITGUY listed is correct.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
While I believe that could be the case, it intrigues me that Sachs (who is the OEM clutch supplier) lists different part numbers.
FCP has other Sachs kits which are listed as both GTI and Golf R. Hmm.

stockton2007

Go Kart Champion
I reached out directly to Sachs via email and they confirmed the different pressure plate part number. Fcp only sells the kit for the golf r, but does sell the disc and gti pressure plate separate. This is the route I went.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I reached out directly to Sachs via email and they confirmed the different pressure plate part number. Fcp only sells the kit for the golf r, but does sell the disc and gti pressure plate separate. This is the route I went.
Would you be able to link them? Hopefully it comes out to the same amount.