GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

S4 Cabriolet

peterrabbit

ima eat yo family
no experience, but i've always stayed away from convertables because of climate. you're in the penn state. that's a lot of snow.

Finnegan

The Drunken Irishman
If you were buying a new one I wouldn't hesitate. I would stay far far away from the TT V6 S4's though. 3 of my friends have/had S4's and they spent more time in the shop than driving. The V8 model seems to be fine though.

bilbos

On the Kop
no experience, but i've always stayed away from convertables because of climate. you're in the penn state. that's a lot of snow.

Good point.

However, I am fortunate in that I am able to keep the car in the garage all through the winter months (to lessen the impact on the cloth roof). Also the thought of Quattro during this time of the year is very appealing :smile:

vantage

Ready to race!
Not a fan of the S4 cab, converting a sedan into a convertible just doesn't seem right to me, it has no style. Look into the Z4 or M Roadster, it's one of those cars you either love or hate, I love it.

bilbos

On the Kop
Well, I finally had a test drive on Saturday and I was very disappointed.

I don't know whether I had hyped it up in my mind to be something that it wasn't. I was expecting insane acceleration, and it was quick, but just not enough.

I think that I am too used to cars with turbos, and that rush that you get when it kicks in. Normally aspirated cars are always going to "feel" slower, even when they are a damn sight quicker.

Oh well, the search continues........:frown: