GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

S1 RS3

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Driving to the gym and see a blue RS3 pulling out of the gas station and getting on it so I figured what the hell and see how I would fair. I flipped a u turn and followed him onto a highway where he goosed it into the on ramp. I did the same but that resulted in a 70 mph power slide... FWD for the win.

Anyway, I get next to him and we slow to 40. He drops gears and takes off so he got the hit. I was already in 2nd and spun a bit, shifted to third and we shut down at roughly 100. He passed me on my 2-3 granny shift where I stayed at his rear bumper. Guy was cool and told me he only has stage one and seemed a little disappointed. Fun run and closest race I have had yet.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Driving to the gym and see a blue RS3 pulling out of the gas station and getting on it so I figured what the hell and see how I would fair. I flipped a u turn and followed him onto a highway where he goosed it into the on ramp. I did the same but that resulted in a 70 mph power slide... FWD for the win.

Anyway, I get next to him and we slow to 40. He drops gears and takes off so he got the hit. I was already in 2nd and spun a bit, shifted to third and we shut down at roughly 100. He passed me on my 2-3 granny shift where I stayed at his rear bumper. Guy was cool and told me he only has stage one and seemed a little disappointed. Fun run and closest race I have had yet.
What tires do you have and any mods to your suspension and mounts?

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Are you on your final tune?
Hell no. Trying to resolve an issue that might be a failing oil pump. My car makes this loud whining sound that goes up with the rpms that we initially thought was a failing alternator. Replaced that and it still makes the sound which is hard to locate. Once that is resolved, I then have to upgrade my lpfp, once again, before we can take my car any further with power. I only have 2 options for the lpfp, the brushless pump by Pag Parts, which is rated for 750 - 800 whp, or the Stage 4 pump by Precision Raceworks, which is rated for 1000+ whp (supposedly), both on E85 and well over $1K in price.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
What tires do you have and any mods to your suspension and mounts?
General Gmaxx RS for tires, they are needing to be replaced soon, thinking 200 TW since it is not a daily any longer. As for suspension, Koni yellows with VWR springs, 034 strut mounts both front and rear, 034 camber plates (-2.10 camber up front), Tyrol subframe dead set kit both front and rear, Nuespeed 25mm RSB, euro sport rear brace, ultra racing front strut tower bar. As far as mounts, BFI S1 engine and transmission mounts as well as 034 upper and lower dog bone inserts.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
General Gmaxx RS for tires, they are needing to be replaced soon, thinking 200 TW since it is not a daily any longer. As for suspension, Koni yellows with VWR springs, 034 strut mounts both front and rear, 034 camber plates (-2.10 camber up front), Tyrol subframe dead set kit both front and rear, Nuespeed 25mm RSB, euro sport rear brace, ultra racing front strut tower bar. As far as mounts, BFI S1 engine and transmission mounts as well as 034 upper and lower dog bone inserts.
Ok, so everything is good except for the tires. Get stickier tires and your wheel spin should be almost completely gone. After getting better tires and you still experience wheel spin, then I would look into making some adjustments to your tune or maybe try upgrading your LCA's.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Ok, so everything is good except for the tires. Get stickier tires and your wheel spin should be almost completely gone. After getting better tires and you still experience wheel spin, then I would look into making some adjustments to your tune or maybe try upgrading your LCA's.
Appreciate that, I'll try tires here soon and go from there. Thanks for the input.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit

Stage one those cars are around 450/450 - so very close to you.

I wish I could feel the disappointment of 450 HP.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I wish I could feel the disappointment of 450 HP.
You absolutely can there is just a small membership fee to be paid.