GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RX 550 Turbo 533 whp

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
I'm not sure if this has been posted yet but saw this on facebook group. Rx 550 turbo making good power with 5150 doing the tune. Turbo seems to spool nicely while making all that power.

Rx550, mpi, 525, PM4 5/4 bars
33psi up top
6mt
E85
Gti stock motor

Attachments

• rx550.JPG
    rx550.JPG
    157.4 KB · Views: 644

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Thats a nice meaty power band, poor stock motor 😄

Peak torque doesn't hit until 5500 rpm so here is hoping that stock motor survives.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Is the RX 550 brand spanking new? Because they don't even have it on their website. All they have is the 500. Also, what Jon says about him and a few others with GTI's and R's with these turbos and stock block beating on their cars for a year now without any issues, I'll take that with a grain of salt.

SugarMouth

Drag Race Newbie
I'm not sure if this has been posted yet but saw this on facebook group. Rx 550 turbo making good power with 5150 doing the tune. Turbo seems to spool nicely while making all that power.

Rx550, mpi, 525, PM4 5/4 bars
33psi up top
6mt
E85
Gti stock motor

Nice graph!

These engines are impressive holding as much power as they do stock. E85 would be super important as well as limiting torque at lower engine speeds.

Do we know who's car?

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Is the RX 550 brand spanking new? Because they don't even have it on their website. All they have is the 500. Also, what Jon says about him and a few others with GTI's and R's with these turbos and stock block beating on their cars for a year now without any issues, I'll take that with a grain of salt.

It's been out for a bit but it's not on their site yet. This dude sells them.
Screenshot_20200704-100015.png

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
3.5k I think the owner said like every other is38 hybrid. Seems about on par as a eqt xl

Usually on bigger hybrids I see them spooling closer to 4k on the dyno.
The charts show spool all over the place. What do they really spool at?

Here is another dyno Jon just did.

2015 Golf R
10kish miles

DSG
980CC Mpi, 525 Pump, PM4, AMS intake, FMIC, MAP DP
5/4 Bar maps
E85

RX550 Turbo

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1593881592037.jpg
    FB_IMG_1593881592037.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 329

joshgreensauce

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I have the RX550 in a box ready to be installed on my car either this weekend or next. You can't get the RX550 yet on RX_Turbo's website but JDeurosports and Metric_Autosport in Huntington Beach sell them. The RX_500 seems on par with EQT vortex and RX_550 with EQT Vortex XL in terms of power, price and spool. There are more charts and such on RX_turbo's IG.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Usually on bigger hybrids I see them spooling closer to 4k on the dyno.

Here is another dyno Jon just did.

2015 Golf R
10kish miles

DSG
980CC Mpi, 525 Pump, PM4, AMS intake, FMIC, MAP DP
5/4 Bar maps
E85

RX550 Turbo

It's crazy how these stock blocks are being pushed. Are the numbers corrected or uncorrected?

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie

SLW_MK7

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice graph!

These engines are impressive holding as much power as they do stock. E85 would be super important as well as limiting torque at lower engine speeds.

Do we know who's car?
Thanks! Holding strong at this power level for about 10k miles with no issues. My car btw...