GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RSB/Endlink Adjustment Needed Philly/South Jersey area

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
LAst year i upgraded my stock suspension alltrack to Superpro RSB + Superpro Endlinks. It was great for 2 weeks, and then the endlinks loosened and i got horrifying crunchy metallic pings and clangs and bangs. brought it back to the same guy who installed and he re-tightened. it was better for like 3 days and got loose/noisy again.

that was last september. I barely drove it after that, and brought it into the dealer for pano leak in November. didn't get the car back until January, and again didn't really drive much until this march. i upgraded to moog endlinks and had Smith VW install. told them to lube the endlinks. it's still noisy over all but the slightest undulations in the road. i have a lifted suspension car but drive like im lowered because of how annoying the noise from the RSB/endlinks is.

who around philly/south jersey has installed moogs + superpros on their R/Alltrack/GSW 4mo? I am looking for someone who has personally installed a rear sway + moog endlinks on their 4motion MQB Golf and hasn't had noise issues since to help me re-install, or re-adjust, or re-tighten, or re-grease, or re-whateverthef**k i have to do to get my suspension to stop making horrific noises. it's really harshing my vibe, as my gf and friends have noticed and thought something was wrong with my car. i even got some classic "smh, typical VW" comments.

i have beer, money, whatever you prefer for your services.

Last edited:

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
Has someone verified shipping pucks are not still place at top of shocks? Sounds a little like they are in place if you have lifted suspension. Assume you have had a while so this would be hard to believe. Have you tried to find a private European garage? Someone who knows what they are doing and not vw.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Has someone verified shipping pucks are not still place at top of shocks? Sounds a little like they are in place if you have lifted suspension. Assume you have had a while so this would be hard to believe. Have you tried to find a private European garage? Someone who knows what they are doing and not vw.

Definitely no shipping pucks! This is my 3rd MK7 so i know about checking that. I own an Alltrack, so I was referring to the Alltrack's "OEM lift" which is the highest suspension offered on an OEM Golf.

And you're right - that's a good idea. There's an RS3 shop at the jersey shore i brought my old gti to a few times, real good people and definitely knew what they were doing. just a pita to go to.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
I could probably do it, I installed my rsb, used the oem endlinks and like 1 day later it was bad, bought the moog and did have a shop install them since I was busy (IICRC, but I do forget a little). Biggest issue is having the car under load while doing the final tq specs, but I have all the tools and youtube lol. Never did a wagon tho as I have a gti

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Endlink to bar is tricky to get a torque wench to fit due to the rear springs on the wagons - at least on my GSW when I did my ST RSB with Moogs install. I torqued those down outside the car prior to install, but the passenger side came loose about 70ish miles later. Crawled under there while it was on the ground with two crescent wrenches and just torqued it down as tight as I could by hand with no issues after about 5k miles since. Might be worth keeping in mind.

Keep in mind Moog has different torque specs than OEM as well, most skip over this as they are printed on the plastic bag they come in and not the box. :rolleyes:
Upper arm (Endlink to bar) is 15lbs plus 180°. Again, I just torqued it as tight as I could by hand with two wrenches on the passenger after it came loose.
Lower is 44lbs

Don't recall what I torqued the bracket mounts down to, but they were on there tight (~35ish FTlbs if I had to guess). Also looks like the Superpro 24mm AWD bar requires the bushings to be greased, so visually check you can see they were greased prior - Worst case is more squeaks than clanks with ungreased bushings though.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Endlink to bar is tricky to get a torque wench to fit due to the rear springs on the wagons - at least on my GSW when I did my ST RSB with Moogs install. I torqued those down outside the car prior to install, but the passenger side came loose about 70ish miles later. Crawled under there while it was on the ground with two crescent wrenches and just torqued it down as tight as I could by hand with no issues after about 5k miles since. Might be worth keeping in mind.

Keep in mind Moog has different torque specs than OEM as well, most skip over this as they are printed on the plastic bag they come in and not the box. :rolleyes:
Upper arm (Endlink to bar) is 15lbs plus 180°. Again, I just torqued it as tight as I could by hand with two wrenches on the passenger after it came loose.
Lower is 44lbs

Don't recall what I torqued the bracket mounts down to, but they were on there tight (~35ish FTlbs if I had to guess). Also looks like the Superpro 24mm AWD bar requires the bushings to be greased, so visually check you can see they were greased prior - Worst case is more squeaks than clanks with ungreased bushings though.

dude this info is huge, thank you so much.

per sandman’s suggestion, I booked an appointment for this Saturday with a small family owned RS3 shop at the Jersey shore. They did a bunch of work on my last GTI and I trust them more than really any one else who’s ever touched my car, ever. Just gonna maintain my relarionship with them as they own GTIs and RS3’s. They know how to work on these cars, they build 800HP+ RS3’s and tune them too.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
dude this info is huge, thank you so much.

per sandman’s suggestion, I booked an appointment for this Saturday with a small family owned RS3 shop at the Jersey shore. They did a bunch of work on my last GTI and I trust them more than really any one else who’s ever touched my car, ever. Just gonna maintain my relarionship with them as they own GTIs and RS3’s. They know how to work on these cars, they build 800HP+ RS3’s and tune them too.
Which shop is this?

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Amazing how there can be so many German shops in the area and they all make money.
It’s a niche, but profitable industry. I wanted to start my own VW shop when I was younger but my parents made me go to college and now I work in IT haha. Ultimately glad bc electric is eliminating, or severely reducing that market in the next 10 years.

Last edited:

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
It’s a niche, but profitable industry. I wanted to start my own VW shop when I was younger but my parents R’s made me go to college and now I work in IT haha. Ultimately glad bc electric is eliminating, or severely reducing that market in the next 10 years.
I am in the industry trying to get my degree to get out. I did it wrong apparently

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
hahahaha, so I was hungover when I woke up and grabbed the bottle of VW underseal Instead of the Haldex fluid from my basement.

the shop didn’t realize until they already drained the factory Haldex fill, so we had to drive to the VW dealer 30 minutes away to get Haldex fluid🙄

interestingly, the noise wasn’t from the Endlinks, it was from the sway bar bushings. Apparently superpro’s are supposed to be greased. I was under the impression that was not the case. Regardless they re-greased the moogs too, and for the first time since I upgraded my rear sway last August I had a noise-free drive home from the shop.

definitely going back there soon to get my R springs + R B6’s installed.