GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RS7 OEM sparkplugs

art_mark7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mark 7 GTI
Looks like theyalready came pre-gapped at .024.
Car is 45k and just got a tune 1k mi. ago.

I got em just because APR recommended new NGK gapped at 0.024.

Have zero idle issues - should i wait till 60k (VW recommended interval) or swap them now?
Also do anybody really change them at 10-12k mi. intervals? for daily seems excessive, I dont AutoX or track my car.

Thanks.

OldVWFan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
does the car have a misfire, has fuel mileage dropped, has performance dropped? If all of these are a NO then the plugs probably do not need to be changed, but if you are OCDC about maintenance then it will not hurt. I am only at 18k and will probably change mine way before 60k just because it is more daily driver and not out on the road that much.

OldVWFan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
so fcpeuro replaces the plugs even though they are not really defective?

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
I changed mine at 38K (or there abouts) after getting a Stage 1 tune from APR. APR recommends stock plugs (not RS7) gapped to .024" if you are stage 1.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Would love clarification on this as well. Seems like a poor business model to refund customers for parts that are so clearly defined as wear items.

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
Would love clarification on this as well. Seems like a poor business model to refund customers for parts that are so clearly defined as wear items.
They replace all wear items, they even mention it on their site. The only thing they won't warrant is consumable like fuel cleaner

art_mark7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mark 7 GTI
no misfire , fuel economy acutally dropped a bit.
well i figure i havent done them approaching 50k and i just got a tune - may as well get some new ones, RS7 ones because been reading they are 1 step .colder and better if you are tuned - i agree prob stock ones wont make a diff, but since they cost roughly the same, i figure it won't hurt.

thanks, i think i will just swap them now instead of wating till 60k.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I'll be doing mine every other oil change but that's also because i got them from fcpeuro and have the lifetime warranty

Please post that lifetime warranty info. I think you're misunderstanding it. There's no way their going to replace your spark plugs for free every other oil change or ever unless one of the plugs was defective and that would be hard to prove. They would have to charge outrageous prices for the plugs initially to provide a warranty like that.

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
Please post that lifetime warranty info. I think you're misunderstanding it. There's no way their going to replace your spark plugs for free every other oil change or ever unless one of the plugs was defective and that would be hard to prove. They would have to charge outrageous prices for the plugs initially to provide a warranty like that.
https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/oe-ihi-is38-turbos-now-available-fcp-euro.370916/ Jim check out the link for their guarantee in this recent thread (first post). I've never bought anything from them, but people say they've sent back used oil in the past for full refund/exchange. Don't ask me to explain the ridiculousness of it though... lol

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/oe-ihi-is38-turbos-now-available-fcp-euro.370916/ Jim check out the link for their guarantee in this recent thread (first post). I've never bought anything from them, but people say they've sent back used oil in the past for full refund/exchange. Don't ask me to explain the ridiculousness of it though... lol

Thanks for posting that. Unless I missed it, it didn't mention wear items but it's tempting to order something like spark plugs to test the warranty. Wouldn't be out any money if they don't replace worn spark plugs since their prices are competitive.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Thanks for posting that. Unless I missed it, it didn't mention wear items but it's tempting to order something like spark plugs to test the warranty. Wouldn't be out any money if they don't replace worn spark plugs since their prices are competitive.

1579748754977.png

Lifetime warranty on clutches too

reverend_sean

Go Kart Champion
I'll order spark plugs from them and test that warranty in 25K which only takes me 6 months to get to.

I use FCP religiously for parts. They warranty/replace everything for you, except consumable where there is nothing to return as mopar22 mentioned. I have purchased 3 oil change kits through them, and have returned every one for a fresh kit. Buy parts from them, use/destroy the parts you bought, buy new exact same replacement parts/fluids from them, return old parts/fluids, get a refund or credit at FCP for more purchases. I have returned rotors that cracked from track abuse, RBF600 that I swap twice a season, the oil changes, etc. You do have to pay shipping to get it back to them. And I believe that after 6 months from purchase, you cannot get a cash refund, you simply get store credit and or the replacement of whatever you are returning. Its amazing. I do feel guilty taking advantage of some of this...but I have bought more from them just because they provide this service. it's no bs. If you want to change plugs every oil change, they will do it without even batting an eyelash. That would probably be complete overkill, but FCP would be there for you. For those of us that are owning our cars long term, they are a godsend. Clutch parts for life, shocks for life, fluid for life, brake pads for life...its crazy.

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
Wanted to chime in about the interval. I received a correction in my 2019 owners manual that says VW recommends to replace the spark plugs every 40,000 miles.