GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RS3 Swapped Golf R Project. IMS 1100

Shiny_Rx

Car(s)
Alltrack
I believe HPA is working on something like that. The VR6 just drops in, too, with minimal fab work needed, especially if you're using one of the DSGs with off the shelf flywheel adapters. Talking to the guy with the 2.5L vr6 that required more fab work? Not sure why.

@GNBRETT do you mind sharing what you did with the battery relocation? I haven't seen any videos of the rear interior, just pictures of one of the guys in the UK who did this and his car is completely gutted with the battery sitting out in the open. Was curious if you'd done something super clean like an RS3 trunkfloor swap.
The Atlas has a 3.6l motor IIRC, imagine there must be more potential with that motor, though I am not a mechanic lol.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
The Atlas has a 3.6l motor IIRC, imagine there must be more potential with that motor, though I am not a mechanic lol.
It's much newer and has direct injection without MPI (afaik?) so adding power past a point is easier even on the ea888. Of course it's all possible with enough time and money, but if you just want 3.6L of displacement, you can do that with a 3.2 block (which are dirt cheap, the main draw).

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
It's much newer and has direct injection without MPI (afaik?) so adding power past a point is easier even on the ea888. Of course it's all possible with enough time and money, but if you just want 3.6L of displacement, you can do that with a 3.2 block (which are dirt cheap, the main draw).
Earlier versions of the DDKA were DI only, but the newer ones have MPI. You can also enable MPI on non-MPI versions with ECU magic :)

GNBRETT

Go Kart Champion
Shit sorry didnt see this. The battery was relocated to the trunk like it is in the RS3. I'll try to get some pics in a couple weeks. My Trackhawk is down and its my DD so im on house arrest till I get it back cause im too cheap to get a rental lol. Did get the Plenum in today tho.... Wooohooo
IMG_1433.jpeg

I believe HPA is working on something like that. The VR6 just drops in, too, with minimal fab work needed, especially if you're using one of the DSGs with off the shelf flywheel adapters. Talking to the guy with the 2.5L vr6 that required more fab work? Not sure why.

@GNBRETT do you mind sharing what you did with the battery relocation? I haven't seen any videos of the rear interior, just pictures of one of the guys in the UK who did this and his car is completely gutted with the battery sitting out in the open. Was curious if you'd done something super clean like an RS3 trunkfloor swap.

GNBRETT

Go Kart Champion
The latest updated video of the build.

GNBRETT

Go Kart Champion
Sleeved Block. Things are coming along. Still waiting on CF parts. Hot parts going out to Swain Tech. Getting there.......

B02B3B03-8DBA-4B3D-A2E9-4AFCCF8DCEC0_1_201_a.jpeg

mmdb

Drag Racing Champion
I want this swap. California doesn't want it. Screw it. Who wants to buy a manual engine with 100k miles? :p

Question to OP. Wouldn't like... stage 2 be around 500hp? Wouldn't a built motor be... too much powah?

Btw nice wheels. I was thinking bout getting a set.. then they jacked up the price from 6k to 8k or something. LMK if you ever sell them :)

GNBRETT

Go Kart Champion
No. Hope to make 750 whp on 93 octane. Btw, sent u a PM on the Magnesium wheels

Question to OP. Wouldn't like... stage 2 be around 500hp? Wouldn't a built motor be... too much powah?