GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RS3 Swapped Golf R Project. IMS 1100

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I think a swap without going into the motor can be done for probably $50k or so including cost of donor car which u will need. Trying to piece it together part by part will be more expensive. We used like 70% of that RS3 donor car. The RS3 has a really good billet wheel Turbo stock so that can make pretty good power on corn.

A hybrid setup is probably a better way to go but ur limited to TQ and HP with stock internals although they handle quite a bit of power stock.

There is a customer from Mass doing something very similar to mine without going crazy on internals, fuel system and Turbo kit. He's putting an RS3 in his 7.5 and should make 700 hp which is pretty freaking fast in a 3400 lbs car!

I wanted to make 750 whp on 93 octane/methanol and be at 3000 lbs or so as I dont have readily access to E85 here in CT but im moving to Tennessee soon and they have an E85 pump right in town! Freaking awesome!. And no EMISSIONS! Win-win!

Of course if u went with a stand alone like Syvex u would have live in a state with no emissions or drive on a dealer plate OR drive it till its time for emissions again a couple years later then sell it like some dude up in Mass did. He had Innovative build him some type of swap couple years ago and he thought he could find away around the emissions thing and couldn't so he sold the car lol.

To be honest the biggest motivation for me going Syvex is the rolling anti-lag which u absolutely NEED if ur gonna be competitive with a 60-130 or 150 roll. Some of the gutted TTRS's are going mid 3's 60-130 which is fucking fast! Im guessing my car will weigh approx what those weigh when lightened up.
Yeah... no I won’t be able to swing that lol. I think I’ll be perfectly happy with a IS38 + Golf R 6MT for the sportier gearing. My car is 100% DD so I’m just dreaming lol.

I actually am thinking of a business idea where I would need a car that can tow a trailer so I’m thinking about a Touareg TDI when the time comes

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Someone needs to create a dummy ecu that you just use for inspection obd scans
When I had a Veloster Turbo I had an extra ECU for that and while it was under warranty if I had to go to the dealer. Hyundai doesn't have the TDI thing.

GNBRETT

Go Kart Champion
Lol not all 3 but here is the Turbo Mustang...... Thanks btw. Has an 88mm NLX from Bullseye.
94B6DA8F-2C90-4A0D-80F0-9FDF6F3AA348_1_201_a.jpeg
IMG_5692.jpeg
IMG_5169.jpeg

Now we need pics of the turbo mustang. 60-130? lol

Insane builds by the way. Got any garage pics of all three? 😁

GNBRETT

Go Kart Champion
Its a 6r80. Has all billet internals and I have a billet converter as well. It also has a dope Focal sound system. I just cruise this to be honest. But its quite brutal when u get into it lol. Ive cracked the tire many times at 120 mph and its not a warm and fuzzy feeling trust me lolI but now I have a stand alone traction control unit custom made that really helps put it down. And we have it at a really low boost setting right now and it pulls really hard. I had a BW 85mm on before and that pulled hard to but this pulls way harder at way lower boost. It's much more efficient.

Im really not sure which will be faster from a roll or a dig my VW or my Mustang. They both do different things. The Mustang is Muscle tho so its just different to me. I think the technology of the VW setup will be hard to beat tho especially with the Syvex and Haldex controller. I havent made it to the dyno with the new 88mm yet but ill be at my limits with that 6r80 for sure lol

It comes on instantly tho. There is like zero lag. The VW is gonna do it all tho! Thats what im really looking forward to and having that total sleeper. The Mustang doesnt get a lot of challenges on the hiway to be honest. I think its big tire and its loud cause I have electric dumps on both sides but the VW wont give off that vibe at all.

I just love the MK7 platform. Its dope AF. I could have chose anything to build honestly but I have a passion for the VW or GTI and think they look better than anything when done right. And that RS3 platform is just so solid and mean dam u get a bullet proof trans right from the factory.

Innovative Motorsports really is THE shop to go to for something like this. Just great people period. Super honest and just really good HUMAN beings. U would never get screwed there or taken advantage they are the most honest ppl ive ever met no BS.

Ohhh yeah. Man I bet that thing rips once it’s hooked up. Is it a stick car?

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Its a 6r80. Has all billet internals and I have a billet converter as well. It also has a dope Focal sound system. I just cruise this to be honest. But its quite brutal when u get into it lol. Ive cracked the tire many times at 120 mph and its not a warm and fuzzy feeling trust me lolI but now I have a stand alone traction control unit custom made that really helps put it down. And we have it at a really low boost setting right now and it pulls really hard. I had a BW 85mm on before and that pulled hard to but this pulls way harder at way lower boost. It's much more efficient.

Im really not sure which will be faster from a roll or a dig my VW or my Mustang. They both do different things. The Mustang is Muscle tho so its just different to me. I think the technology of the VW setup will be hard to beat tho especially with the Syvex and Haldex controller. I havent made it to the dyno with the new 88mm yet but ill be at my limits with that 6r80 for sure lol

It comes on instantly tho. There is like zero lag. The VW is gonna do it all tho! Thats what im really looking forward to and having that total sleeper. The Mustang doesnt get a lot of challenges on the hiway to be honest. I think its big tire and its loud cause I have electric dumps on both sides but the VW wont give off that vibe at all.

I just love the MK7 platform. Its dope AF. I could have chose anything to build honestly but I have a passion for the VW or GTI and think they look better than anything when done right. And that RS3 platform is just so solid and mean dam u get a bullet proof trans right from the factory.

Innovative Motorsports really is THE shop to go to for something like this. Just great people period. Super honest and just really good HUMAN beings. U would never get screwed there or taken advantage they are the most honest ppl ive ever met no BS.
Damn bro, I need to do what you do, making all that cheddar!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

GNBRETT

Go Kart Champion
Ha..... Soon bro soon. VW is gonna hurt some feelings lol. Cant wait to hear all the excuses why ppl got the gap sauce from a little front wheel drive GTI lol Cause when I do my burnout it will be in front wheel drive mode only so who's gonna question that? (y):giggle:

Plot twist: He makes it all in underground illegal street racing...

Shiny_Rx

Car(s)
Alltrack
Yeah... no I won’t be able to swing that lol. I think I’ll be perfectly happy with a IS38 + Golf R 6MT for the sportier gearing. My car is 100% DD so I’m just dreaming lol.

I actually am thinking of a business idea where I would need a car that can tow a trailer so I’m thinking about a Touareg TDI when the time comes
I am thinking that ~50k figure was probably just for the rs3 swap. A VR6 swap should be quite a bit cheaper. I remember reading on Audi forums years ago of people saying a VR6 into a b5/b6/b7 would be around ~15-30k iirc.

When I saw the Atlas was being offered with a VR6, I got excited since that meant new VR6 blocks are being added into circulation, and since the Atlas is also on the MQB platform, it should make the swap into something like an Alltrack less complex? Honestly kind of surprised that I have not really seen any VR6 swapped Alltrack/GSW builds. Although I guess most people are just interested in getting the most power for the least $, and these 4cyl blocks seem to be able to really do numbers when fully built, so not really any logical reasons to go the engine swap route.

My Alltrack has been 100% stock for the 3 years I have had it. I've thought of going with a JB tune while still under warranty (I have the extended warranty), but figured its not worth it for now. I decided that in a few years when I'm ready an able to tune the car, I will probably go the IS38 route, but the car will still have a pretty pathetic exhaust note..... I have no intention on tracking it or doing anything wild, just want a quick DD that has a decent sound to it lol. Hopefully someone does a VR6 swap soon......

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I am thinking that ~50k figure was probably just for the rs3 swap. A VR6 swap should be quite a bit cheaper. I remember reading on Audi forums years ago of people saying a VR6 into a b5/b6/b7 would be around ~15-30k iirc.

When I saw the Atlas was being offered with a VR6, I got excited since that meant new VR6 blocks are being added into circulation, and since the Atlas is also on the MQB platform, it should make the swap into something like an Alltrack less complex? Honestly kind of surprised that I have not really seen any VR6 swapped Alltrack/GSW builds. Although I guess most people are just interested in getting the most power for the least $, and these 4cyl blocks seem to be able to really do numbers when fully built, so not really any logical reasons to go the engine swap route.

My Alltrack has been 100% stock for the 3 years I have had it. I've thought of going with a JB tune while still under warranty (I have the extended warranty), but figured its not worth it for now. I decided that in a few years when I'm ready an able to tune the car, I will probably go the IS38 route, but the car will still have a pretty pathetic exhaust note..... I have no intention on tracking it or doing anything wild, just want a quick DD that has a decent sound to it lol. Hopefully someone does a VR6 swap soon......

woof, I could t make it past 7K miles from new without tuning.

Shiny_Rx

Car(s)
Alltrack
woof, I could t make it past 7K miles from new without tuning.
I accumulated a few more than a few speeding tickets with my previous car, so getting into a slower and more "subtle" car was nice......

I get to drive some pretty fast cars from time to time, and it makes getting back into my stock AT painful lol. Just need a reliable DD to get me through med school, then the tuning will begin (hopefully).

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG

DM motorsport based out of Montreal has a 2.5VRT swap out of the ChineseAtlas. But it's a swap into a 1.8T TSI Golf and a MK4 manual transmission to start. This engine is begging to go into a 4motion platform with DSG! I suspect more of these swaps will be coming online in the near-ish future.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I accumulated a few more than a few speeding tickets with my previous car, so getting into a slower and more "subtle" car was nice......

I get to drive some pretty fast cars from time to time, and it makes getting back into my stock AT painful lol. Just need a reliable DD to get me through med school, then the tuning will begin (hopefully).

Lol, me too man. The day I got my previous car, a 2015 GTI I peeled it out of the dealership lot and got pulled over immediately with the VW sign still visible in my rear view. Maryland cop gave me 6 points in one fell swoop, after having already accumulated 4 points in the previous 2 years. I was 1 ticket away from losing my license.

I actually had the exact same thoughts/feelings as you when I first got the Alltrack. But when I took it to the mountains for the first time, the lack of power climbing mountains @ WOT in 3rd was concerning lol. I needed more. So I went APR Plus (87 octane tune with a warranty that is concurrent with the factory 6/72).

Shiny_Rx

Car(s)
Alltrack
DM motorsport based out of Montreal has a 2.5VRT swap out of the ChineseAtlas. But it's a swap into a 1.8T TSI Golf and a MK4 manual transmission to start. This engine is begging to go into a 4motion platform with DSG! I suspect more of these swaps will be coming online in the near-ish future.
Yeah I hope to see some VR6 swaps/builds soon! I haven't really looked but I have to imagine buying a wrecked Atlas, or just the VR6 motor out of one must be quite a bit easier/cheaper than an RS3 motor. Add in a Golf R or RS3 haldex swap and it would be a ton of fun I bet. Ultimate sleeper, especially with all the dumb plastic cladding on the Alltrack lol.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Yeah I hope to see some VR6 swaps/builds soon! I haven't really looked but I have to imagine buying a wrecked Atlas, or just the VR6 motor out of one must be quite a bit easier/cheaper than an RS3 motor. Add in a Golf R or RS3 haldex swap and it would be a ton of fun I bet. Ultimate sleeper, especially with all the dumb plastic cladding on the Alltrack lol.
I believe HPA is working on something like that. The VR6 just drops in, too, with minimal fab work needed, especially if you're using one of the DSGs with off the shelf flywheel adapters. Talking to the guy with the 2.5L vr6 that required more fab work? Not sure why.

@GNBRETT do you mind sharing what you did with the battery relocation? I haven't seen any videos of the rear interior, just pictures of one of the guys in the UK who did this and his car is completely gutted with the battery sitting out in the open. Was curious if you'd done something super clean like an RS3 trunkfloor swap.