GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RS3 Swapped Golf R Project. IMS 1100

scrllock

Autocross Champion
You remember the ECUs are different? Why would you want a Syvecs for an Audi with a SIMOS 18.1 vs a VW with the same Continental part?

I'm not saying you need one for a big turbo build (you're certainly working on one), but there are definite advantages, particularly given the significant power OP is going for (you're not touching 800, much less 1000 wheel on a 2.0t). Really built valvetrains (simos 18 has an 8192 rpm hard limit), VE modeling changes, etc. Especially motor swaps, standalones make that a lot simpler. Totally different world between slapping on a turbo kit and a forged bottom end vs. what OP is working on.

Last edited:

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
You remember the ECUs are different? Why would you want a Syvecs for an Audi with a SIMOS 18.1 vs a VW with the same Continental part?

I'm not saying you need one for a big turbo build (you're certainly working on one), but there are definite advantages, particularly given the significant power OP is going for (you're not touching 800, much less 1000 wheel on a 2.0t). Really built valvetrains (simos 18 has an 8192 rpm hard limit), VE modeling changes, etc. Especially motor swaps, standalones make that a lot simpler. Totally different world between slapping on a turbo kit and a forged bottom end vs. what OP is working on.
Fully agree with this, BUT you quoted a message directly about it not being NEEDED for a “big power e888.3 vw build” so reiterating the advantages of a syvex system in regards to the OPs setup is rather redundant, but expected😂

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Fully agree with this, BUT you quoted a message directly about it not being NEEDED for a “big power e888.3 vw build” so reiterating the advantages of a syvex system in regards to the OPs setup is rather redundant, but expected😂
The point is there's no difference between Audi and VW 2.0t ECUs. Same p/n, same cals, etc. There's no reason you'd need one for Audi that wouldn't apply to VW (at least on simos 18).

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT

You pretty much just proved my point. All of the Audi's that I've seen using them are in the 1200 hp range and it only makes sense to use a standalone ecu with that. I have yet to see a MK7, with the original motor, use one. Oh, by the way, I don't just have a built bottom end, I had the cylinder head built as well . So yeah, 8K rpms is no longer an issue for me.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
You pretty much just proved my point. All of the Audi's that I've seen using them are in the 1200 hp range and it only makes sense to use a standalone ecu with that. I have yet to see a MK7, with the original motor, use one. Oh, by the way, I don't just have a built bottom end, I had the cylinder head built as well . So yeah, 8K rpms is no longer an issue for me.
I have seen one. MK7 Golf R, pretty much sold me on the idea of running the Syvecs. This one is running the Syvecs ECU applicable to the MK7 chassis and its at 750bhp with a Owen Developments GBT6986 Ball Bearing Turbo (HTZ86) 0.82 A/R. Here is a link to YT vid:

* expand the "show more" for the mod list, its basically all done.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I have seen one. MK7 Golf R, pretty much sold me on the idea of running the Syvecs. This one is running the Syvecs ECU applicable to the MK7 chassis and its at 750bhp with a Owen Developments GBT6986 Ball Bearing Turbo (HTZ86) 0.82 A/R. Here is a link to YT vid:

* expand the "show more" for the mod list, its basically all done.
Ok, I've seen that car/video before. I guess I have never bothered to have read the parts list before. I stand corrected.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
So since everyone’s talking about swapping all these other engines into their 7R’s, what about an Alltrack? By many measures theyre the same, by many they aren’t. I feel like the “bones,” the drive shafts, xfer case, gas tanks etc etc are All the same.

It is my desire to get as many years out of my Alltrack as possible, and once it’s paid off I’d love to throw a 2.5 or a 3.2 VR6 in. Do the 1.8T/4Mo/6MT Golfs get the 1.8 ECU, or the 2.0 ECU?

How much do you think I could do it for, if I wanted to keep it on the cheaper side? And we are talking 3, 4 years down the line. With more options.

GNBRETT

Go Kart Champion
I think a swap without going into the motor can be done for probably $50k or so including cost of donor car which u will need. Trying to piece it together part by part will be more expensive. We used like 70% of that RS3 donor car. The RS3 has a really good billet wheel Turbo stock so that can make pretty good power on corn.

A hybrid setup is probably a better way to go but ur limited to TQ and HP with stock internals although they handle quite a bit of power stock.

There is a customer from Mass doing something very similar to mine without going crazy on internals, fuel system and Turbo kit. He's putting an RS3 in his 7.5 and should make 700 hp which is pretty freaking fast in a 3400 lbs car!

I wanted to make 750 whp on 93 octane/methanol and be at 3000 lbs or so as I dont have readily access to E85 here in CT but im moving to Tennessee soon and they have an E85 pump right in town! Freaking awesome!. And no EMISSIONS! Win-win!

Of course if u went with a stand alone like Syvex u would have live in a state with no emissions or drive on a dealer plate OR drive it till its time for emissions again a couple years later then sell it like some dude up in Mass did. He had Innovative build him some type of swap couple years ago and he thought he could find away around the emissions thing and couldn't so he sold the car lol.

To be honest the biggest motivation for me going Syvex is the rolling anti-lag which u absolutely NEED if ur gonna be competitive with a 60-130 or 150 roll. Some of the gutted TTRS's are going mid 3's 60-130 which is fucking fast! Im guessing my car will weigh approx what those weigh when lightened up.

So since everyone’s talking about swapping all these other engines into their 7R’s, what about an Alltrack? By many measures theyre the same, by many they aren’t. I feel like the “bones,” the drive shafts, xfer case, gas tanks etc etc are All the same.

It is my desire to get as many years out of my Alltrack as possible, and once it’s paid off I’d love to throw a 2.5 or a 3.2 VR6 in. Do the 1.8T/4Mo/6MT Golfs get the 1.8 ECU, or the 2.0 ECU?

How much do you think I could do it for, if I wanted to keep it on the cheaper side? And we are talking 3, 4 years down the line. With more options.

GNBRETT

Go Kart Champion
Thought id share. I picked this up a few weeks ago. 2018 Trackhawk 14k miles. Thought id share a pic at the Gas pumps where it spends most of its time lol. Its going to Tune Time in NJ for a full build. Magnuson 2650, Headers, Meth, Titanium exhaust, Velgen rims, Nitto tires. lightweight rotors, Lightweight battery, Fuel system, CF DS, Spacro SPX CF front seats, Suspension, Air Ride and Outlaw axels. Dropping 300 lbs. Shooting for 1100 hp.

Ceramic coated it in the second pic? Came out pretty good huh? Took me (3) days geez thats a lotta work no wonder detailers charge a fortune!

This thing in stock form is absolutely wicked out of the hole! Smashes my Turbo Mustang from a dig on an un-prepped surface but im confident my VW will SMASH it lol
IMG_0888 (1).jpeg
0F415699-7EB8-45C9-B6F4-3A49177164E8_1_201_a.jpeg
IMG_1106.jpeg

Last edited:

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Now we need pics of the turbo mustang. 60-130? lol

Insane builds by the way. Got any garage pics of all three? 😁

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I think a swap without going into the motor can be done for probably $50k or so including cost of donor car which u will need. Trying to piece it together part by part will be more expensive. We used like 70% of that RS3 donor car. The RS3 has a really good billet wheel Turbo stock so that can make pretty good power on corn.

A hybrid setup is probably a better way to go but ur limited to TQ and HP with stock internals although they handle quite a bit of power stock.

There is a customer from Mass doing something very similar to mine without going crazy on internals, fuel system and Turbo kit. He's putting an RS3 in his 7.5 and should make 700 hp which is pretty freaking fast in a 3400 lbs car!

I wanted to make 750 whp on 93 octane/methanol and be at 3000 lbs or so as I dont have readily access to E85 here in CT but im moving to Tennessee soon and they have an E85 pump right in town! Freaking awesome!. And no EMISSIONS! Win-win!

Of course if u went with a stand alone like Syvex u would have live in a state with no emissions or drive on a dealer plate OR drive it till its time for emissions again a couple years later then sell it like some dude up in Mass did. He had Innovative build him some type of swap couple years ago and he thought he could find away around the emissions thing and couldn't so he sold the car lol.

To be honest the biggest motivation for me going Syvex is the rolling anti-lag which u absolutely NEED if ur gonna be competitive with a 60-130 or 150 roll. Some of the gutted TTRS's are going mid 3's 60-130 which is fucking fast! Im guessing my car will weigh approx what those weigh when lightened up.
Someone needs to create a dummy ecu that you just use for inspection obd scans