GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RS3 Swapped Golf R Project. IMS 1100

GNBRETT

Go Kart Champion
This only took 3 months to get.....lol. Came from the UK and its a lightweight rear window going in the CF hatch.

Attachments

• IMG_0706.jpeg
    IMG_0706.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 173

GNBRETT

Go Kart Champion

GNBRETT

Go Kart Champion
No I just wanna beat up on them Hellcats and Mustangs who think their shit is fast lol. Im really hoping to come in around 3000 lbs so to be honest im really not sure how much power that chassis can handle?

I went with the 1000 kit cause after talking with IROZ we all agreed that its really unchartered waters cause their isnt any others local doing this sort of build so we opted for the 1000 kit but it can be upgraded to the 1100 kit easily cause its just an exhaust wheel swap I believe.

Its no longer a Golf R and its not a RS3 so I really wasnt sure what to call it so I decided to call it a GTI. Why? Cause no one knows WTF a Golf R is anyways! Im going for that sleeper look and am kinda partial to the Plaid theme that is iconic to VW Golfs.

So its getting Plaid Carbeau seats, Cornflower Blue wrap and Rabbit badges. Like for a 2019. Here is my plate..... This should piss off quite a few Hellcat owners as I pull into a lot. Hopefully I can reel them in for some $$$$$$ races cause u know how their pride gets all butt-hurt and all when u start insinuating a little VW Rabbit can swallow them up whole.....lol

Btw, I own a fast Hellcat and an even faster Turbo Mustang so I can talk all the shit I want lol
Lol... I take it you are building your R to strictly be a 1/4 mile car and go for the record time?

Attachments

• IMG_0707.jpeg
    IMG_0707.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 66

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

GNBRETT

Go Kart Champion
Im not sure I cant even remember where I bought it from to be honest. Ive bought so much shit and that just showed up out of the blue forgot I even ordered it so I dont have much info. Looks like some sort of Lexon style glass.

Which shop? Mind sharing the material they used?

NoNpLuS

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 golf R base
been waiting for the DAZA swaps to start happening in the US! this is absolutely amazing!

i reached out to Innovative yesterday and talked to the owner Alex briefly. this is my long term agenda. it's gonna be about 3 years away for me. gives me time to get my ducks in a row. hopefully someone does 6MT in that time frame.

i can't wait to see this build unfold GNBRETT. complete craziness! its gonna be something special watching these cars roll off of the Innovative Motorsports production line. love that they are documenting this. probably my favorite content on youtube atm!

fully subscribed!

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
been waiting for the DAZA swaps to start happening in the US! this is absolutely amazing!

i reached out to Innovative yesterday and talked to the owner Alex briefly. this is my long term agenda. it's gonna be about 3 years away for me. gives me time to get my ducks in a row. hopefully someone does 6MT in that time frame.

i can't wait to see this build unfold GNBRETT. complete craziness! its gonna be something special watching these cars roll off of the Innovative Motorsports production line. love that they are documenting this. probably my favorite content on youtube atm!

fully subscribed!
Did you ask if a 6spd was possible since these engines expect a DSG? I mean I’m sure it’s possible but without errors.

I saw a VR6 swapped into an MK6 and they owner mentioned that he has error codes relating to a VR6 versioned engine that came from a DSG only car.

NoNpLuS

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 golf R base
Did you ask if a 6spd was possible since these engines expect a DSG? I mean I’m sure it’s possible but without errors.

I saw a VR6 swapped into an MK6 and they owner mentioned that he has error codes relating to a VR6 versioned engine that came from a DSG only car.
before i answer your question i'd like to point out what the Malaka's are doing. George is swapping a VR6 into a RS3 with Syvecs. pretty sure he's not throwing xmas trees with the base file they sent him. check out the Malaka Motorsports Youtube channel if your not hip.

that was vey similar to my only question at this point in the process. i did not ask that exactly (without errors). i will say this, it was a short PM. Innovative gave very positive feedback and are willing to jump into the R&D and coding. anything is possible on the VAG platform right now.

i think a equally relevant question is if a 02Q transmission can hold those kind of power levels. 1000hp plus?.. i forget what Alex said verbatim. its gonna be a lot to handle. longevity compared to the DQ500 will be questionable. full on raped ape. sign me up. take my turbo 911 funds.

i'm gonna be bothering FFE sometime in the next week via email to talk about transmissions.
no hijack. sorry GNBRETT

Last edited:

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
The MK2 (2012-2013) TT-RS has a 2.5T with optional 6 speed manual although the engine in the MK2 "only" has 340HP and 332TQ. I'm not sure on the differences between the the 2.5T in the MK2 and MK3 but that would be a pretty cool swap.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
before i answer your question i'd like to point out what the Malaka's are doing. George is swapping a VR6 into a RS3 with Syvecs. pretty sure he's not throwing xmas trees with the base file they sent him. check out the Malaka Motorsports Youtube channel if your not hip.

that was vey similar to my only question at this point in the process. i did not ask that exactly (without errors). i will say this, it was a short PM. Innovative gave very positive feedback and are willing to jump into the R&D and coding. anything is possible on the VAG platform right now.

i think a equally relevant question is if a 02Q transmission can hold those kind of power levels. 1000hp plus?.. i forget what Alex said verbatim. its gonna be a lot to handle. longevity compared to the DQ500 will be questionable. full on raped ape. sign me up. take my turbo 911 funds.

i'm gonna be bothering FFE sometime in the next week via email to talk about transmissions.
no hijack. sorry GNBRETT
Yes, I’m very familiar with Malaka Motorsports and they had me thinking a VR6 would be a great option based on the cost of the engine. I just wanted to see if it was done with a manual before assuming. Innovative does seem to be doing great work and from their videos it seems making sure the dash is not a Christmas tree is a priority.

If I had the option of the 2.5 then I would be fine with a stage 2 FBO tune. I mean I’m happy with my Golf R FBO but I just wish I had the sound of a VR6 or 5 cylinder with a manual trans in my current Golf R. Is that so hard to ask for…Lol

I guess I’ll have to settle for an RS3. Good thing I’m patient with my age so I’ll just wait and see what happens.