GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RS3 Swapped Golf R Project. IMS 1100

Mufasakoji

Ready to race!
Really curious and interested in these type of builds. Been planning to do something like this when my R is paid off.

I know you get this alot probably, but how much was the approximate price for a swap like this?

GNBRETT

Go Kart Champion
Really curious and interested in these type of builds. Been planning to do something like this when my R is paid off.

I know you get this alot probably, but how much was the approximate price for a swap like this?
Yea ive got that question a few times and its really hard to say cause I bought a donor car with 4k miles on it. I guess it all depends on how far ur gonna take the RS3 engine which will dictate transmission and fuel.

So thats a pretty broad question that I really dont have an answer for. I think if u just did the swap itself with no motor or tranny work and wanted to just thro some bolt ons I think it could be done for about $50k.

Really depends on how much u pay for the donor car and trust me u will need a whole car! Ive used so much shit from the RS3 its crazy. I was just gonna buy a motor and trans with harness for like $27k but I needed the fuel tank, brackets, axels and quite a few other things.

Its a lot of labor getting the wiring harness to marry to the the Golf R. Thats Dave the Madd scientist! Absolute genius when it comes to wiring!
IMG_0521.jpeg

GNBRETT

Go Kart Champion
Yes, I'm fully aware of the power capability for both platforms and what it takes to get it there. This isn't my first rodeo. You can get the R and GTI over 650 whp; built block with a big enough turbo and supporting mods will do it for you.
So ur just hating then? Got it..... Ill make a note of that bro!

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
So ur just hating then? Got it..... Ill make a note of that bro!
Not hating and don't see how, what I said, is considered hating. Like you said, it's very expensive to do that swap and you could have saved some money just by building your block and throwing on a G30-900 turbo to get some big numbers.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Funny thing is I went to a few shops before I decided on Innovative Motorsports and ALL of them except Innovative told me to sell the R and buy an RS3. I originally didnt want to do that and was just gonna build the R motor. Innovative was great I must admit. He was willing to do whatever I wanted and wasnt hating on the R lol. Personally I dont care for the RS3. I think it looks like an A3. Its boring to me. I LOVE the MK7. IDN why I just love the VW thing. I think once u own one its like being in a Cult lol and cant get out lol.

So I decided the R would be about 300 lbs lighter and didnt have to turn it into a tin-can to make it light. I will remove the rear seats but not the fronts. Looks stupid imo unless its a dedicated race but even then it looks dumb all gutted smh.

Not sure if there are provisions for the Haladex to actually fit a standard Golf or GTI. Good question tho. I dont think there would be any weight savings tho cause what makes the R heavier is the AWD stuff. But the RS3 has an aluminum block that will surely save weight over the Iron R block but the transmission and Halidex are beefier and therefore heavier so ill be interested in seeing how much it weighs when its all done.

I plan on the car coming in around 3050 lbs. I have purchased every CF part u can buy lol. I have lightweight Corbeau seats going in with Litespeed 18 inch wheels weighing 14 lbs. I also purchased AP front brakes to save weight. Titanium exhaust with an electric dump will be installed as well.

Fuel system will be ID1700's as the 1300's will likely be at their maximum duty cycle at full boost. Brushless fuel pump going in as well. I have also upgraded ALL the suspension components and when Tractive releases their coil overs they will be going in. Those or KW3's. Not sure yet as the availability of the Tractives are suspect. But this will take several months to build so I mite just hold off till they are released. Also have Verkline subframes and trailing arm kit.

But yes the Haladex in the RS3 is much stronger than the Golf R and of course u get the DQ500 over the DQ250. That DQ500 is really stout!

I plan on building the Transmission with Dodson clutches and Billet gears and of course an LSD and the motor will be sleeved and fully built as well of course. They have just released intake camshafts for the RS3 so those will be going in as well and one of Hanks Billet Intake manifolds to.

All will be run thru the Syvex stand alone and the Haladex will get the Syvex controller as well. Will be remotely tuned from the UK.

Im an audiofile so 3-way Audison Thesis will be going in with two Thesis amps and a Focal MW 10 inch sub. I have $15k budget for the stereo. Custom pods and sub enclosure. Should only add another 25 lbs of weight so not too bad.
Holy chit! What a build 😈😈😈

I’ve been waiting to see someone make the Daza swap and actually utilize that Daza’s modification ability for MASSIVE numbers. Most of the euro ones just swap the stock block over and call it a day with 650-700.

Having an idea of what iroz charges for customers with that package and setup done to their existing rs3, I don’t think people are fathoming the true cost of what this (your ) build will actually be! Not to mention the the existing cost/value of the R itself!

Big props!

This thing With spray it will run mid 8sec pass at sea level with the full interior in, AC cranking, and tunes jamming 😂

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Funny thing is I went to a few shops before I decided on Innovative Motorsports and ALL of them except Innovative told me to sell the R and buy an RS3. I originally didnt want to do that and was just gonna build the R motor. Innovative was great I must admit. He was willing to do whatever I wanted and wasnt hating on the R lol. Personally I dont care for the RS3. I think it looks like an A3. Its boring to me. I LOVE the MK7. IDN why I just love the VW thing. I think once u own one its like being in a Cult lol and cant get out lol.

So I decided the R would be about 300 lbs lighter and didnt have to turn it into a tin-can to make it light. I will remove the rear seats but not the fronts. Looks stupid imo unless its a dedicated race but even then it looks dumb all gutted smh.

Not sure if there are provisions for the Haladex to actually fit a standard Golf or GTI. Good question tho. I dont think there would be any weight savings tho cause what makes the R heavier is the AWD stuff. But the RS3 has an aluminum block that will surely save weight over the Iron R block but the transmission and Halidex are beefier and therefore heavier so ill be interested in seeing how much it weighs when its all done.

I plan on the car coming in around 3050 lbs. I have purchased every CF part u can buy lol. I have lightweight Corbeau seats going in with Litespeed 18 inch wheels weighing 14 lbs. I also purchased AP front brakes to save weight. Titanium exhaust with an electric dump will be installed as well.

Fuel system will be ID1700's as the 1300's will likely be at their maximum duty cycle at full boost. Brushless fuel pump going in as well. I have also upgraded ALL the suspension components and when Tractive releases their coil overs they will be going in. Those or KW3's. Not sure yet as the availability of the Tractives are suspect. But this will take several months to build so I mite just hold off till they are released. Also have Verkline subframes and trailing arm kit.

But yes the Haladex in the RS3 is much stronger than the Golf R and of course u get the DQ500 over the DQ250. That DQ500 is really stout!

I plan on building the Transmission with Dodson clutches and Billet gears and of course an LSD and the motor will be sleeved and fully built as well of course. They have just released intake camshafts for the RS3 so those will be going in as well and one of Hanks Billet Intake manifolds to.

All will be run thru the Syvex stand alone and the Haladex will get the Syvex controller as well. Will be remotely tuned from the UK.

Im an audiofile so 3-way Audison Thesis will be going in with two Thesis amps and a Focal MW 10 inch sub. I have $15k budget for the stereo. Custom pods and sub enclosure. Should only add another 25 lbs of weight so not too bad.

I know Innovative is in CT, are you in CT as well? Would love to see it in person when it's done.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Other than what they are doing to the golf R you would need to mod the trunk floor on a FWD golf to fit the AWD subframe, the wagons all have room for AWD I think.

I actually asked on the you tube channel and Innovative responded that they could do the swap with awd into a Golf.

Figure I already have a Golf and if you can swap over all the rs3 awd bits, why not. But if it involves more labor, may not be worth it.

Another limiting factor is that it'll probably cost ~$75k I imagine.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
I actually asked on the you tube channel and Innovative responded that they could do the swap with awd into a Golf.

Figure I already have a Golf and if you can swap over all the rs3 awd bits, why not. But if it involves more labor, may not be worth it.

Another limiting factor is that it'll probably cost ~$75k I imagine.
Honestly if you want a rowdy Golf with great sound you should look into a turbo R32, they can make good power on E85 pretty safe on stock internals.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Honestly if you want a rowdy Golf with great sound you should look into a turbo R32, they can make good power on E85 pretty safe on stock internals.

Not a bad option. I'm just partial to the MK7.

GNBRETT

Go Kart Champion
I know Innovative is in CT, are you in CT as well? Would love to see it in person when it's done.
Yes im in CT as well. Its a small state bro im sure we can meet up somewhere.

GNBRETT

Go Kart Champion
Not hating and don't see how, what I said, is considered hating. Like you said, it's very expensive to do that swap and you could have saved some money just by building your block and throwing on a G30-900 turbo to get some big numbers.
Fair enough my apologies.

GNBRETT

Go Kart Champion
Holy chit! What a build 😈😈😈

I’ve been waiting to see someone make the Daza swap and actually utilize that Daza’s modification ability for MASSIVE numbers. Most of the euro ones just swap the stock block over and call it a day with 650-700.

Having an idea of what iroz charges for customers with that package and setup done to their existing rs3, I don’t think people are fathoming the true cost of what this (your ) build will actually be! Not to mention the the existing cost/value of the R itself!

Big props!

This thing With spray it will run mid 8sec pass at sea level with the full interior in, AC cranking, and tunes jamming 😂
Thanx bro really appreciate ur comments! Thats what I was thinking. I seen all these RS3 swaps in Europe but I haven't seen any of them with built motors making big power. Yes just bolt-ons making 700 whp or so which is still really impressive but I plan on making 700 whp on 93 octane and methanol and they do it on E85.

To me honestly it just wasn't worth the swap unless I could make a 1000+ hp. Its just too much dam money to spend to gain a few hundred extra hp. I wanted double the HP my R could make. Its still super kool with just a swap, Bolt-ons and a tune no doubt is still fast AF especially in a car this light but the cost is prohibitive imo. 700 whp at 3300 lbs is still a 9 second car which is no joke!

Thats the plan bro. Mid 8's at 160-165 mph. Front Seats, (rears removed), AC and tunes cranking yes lol. No tin can. Im not sure what this will cost when its over but im sure it will be over a $100k but whatever its only money I can always more lol.

The Syvex has a N2o provision so we will probably use N2o as well. Probably to give it a quicker spool but the Syvex has anti-lag so that will be a big advantage over someone who doesnt have it. Ive seen cars making a 100 hp less and smoke the other car who didnt have anti-lag cause u need a LOT of hp to catch someone and even more to pass them lol.

Honestly ive been wanting to do something like this for as long as I can remember now and beat off to the idea many times lol but i'm about to retire and this my retirement gift to myself after humping as a Cop dodging bullets in this shit-hole ive worked in for (25) years now saving my pennies. I don't have kids or a wife so im sure this build would simply be college tuition for the average guy. The stock market has been very good to me tho fortunately.

GNBRETT

Go Kart Champion