GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RS3 Brushless LPFP Retrofit

bobivy1234

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW Golf GTI
Well the whole thing is I bought the A2B RS3 Pump/Controller/Harness kit a while back with the old controller/harness but after I tried install it, it turned out either the harness or controller were bad. I contacted A2B for support and they said they will sell me the new black controller with harness for a discounted price since they don't support the older controller or harness anymore. I was happy and agreed, but I don't know what happened after that because they stopped responding to my emails and I've gotten the runaround when calling them. So It's been a month and a half since last contact so I just stopped dealing with them and just going to modify the older harness with the new plug and I bought the new controller locally from the dealer. Maybe I can source a plug with the pins on ebay, but thanks for the info I'll definitely look at the harness if I can't find the plug.

Eek yea Billy told me they were moving to a different email server so stuff was getting missed but yea phone support was also a bit wacky so they are not doing good by customers at the moment.

Id say get that harness and re-pin yourself at this point to match what the A2B kit does. Going to be hard to find the other parts you need.

Benihana

Go Kart Champion
Eek yea Billy told me they were moving to a different email server so stuff was getting missed but yea phone support was also a bit wacky so they are not doing good by customers at the moment.

Id say get that harness and re-pin yourself at this point to match what the A2B kit does. Going to be hard to find the other parts you need.
I found some pins that will work from AliExpress with express shipping hopefully it will get here in the next 10-15 days. Since I found all the parts cheaper than what A2B was going to charge me I'm not gonna push further and re-pinning will be no issue so in the end its a WIN for me..... and I hope A2B recovers, I'm and email administrator and I know how crappy it is to migrate it's not smooth and things fail.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Anyone figure out what the hose adapter is for the AWD version?

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
Anyone see this?

I wonder how many people actually had fuel starvation issues. I know on some different posts here about the A2B kits having some issues, but was wondering if a majority of people were running into issues
1651504679377.png

bobivy1234

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW Golf GTI
Anyone see this?

I wonder how many people actually had fuel starvation issues. I know on some different posts here about the A2B kits having some issues, but was wondering if a majority of people were running into issues
Saw it and replied to it, I have starve issues but not specifically related to the RS3 pump issue just a GTI low fuel issue with how the pump is setup in the tank, got the same in the OE pump. Consistently can burp the fuel system around 3/8 tank on certain parts of my local track VIR that are slightly uphill and to the right to starve it out.

I use the OE RS3 pump so nothing fancy with the OE black controller and A2B's DIY FWD harness. The RS3 pump definitely has less space in the basket compared to the OE pump but for me at least is it just a physics issue with fuel sloshing around away from the pickup area on certain parts of the track. I wouldn't say I get any just random fuel cuts, they happen at specific places.

Unless he's talking about a Hydramat or a surge tank, not sure what else would fix a pickup issue. The R's have it a bit better because of the saddle tank and I think their fuel tank is a bit deeper where the GTI is more shallow.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Saw it and replied to it, I have starve issues but not specifically related to the RS3 pump issue just a GTI low fuel issue with how the pump is setup in the tank, got the same in the OE pump. Consistently can burp the fuel system around 3/8 tank on certain parts of my local track VIR that are slightly uphill and to the right to starve it out.

I use the OE RS3 pump so nothing fancy with the OE black controller and A2B's DIY FWD harness. The RS3 pump definitely has less space in the basket compared to the OE pump but for me at least is it just a physics issue with fuel sloshing around away from the pickup area on certain parts of the track. I wouldn't say I get any just random fuel cuts, they happen at specific places.

Unless he's talking about a Hydramat or a surge tank, not sure what else would fix a pickup issue. The R's have it a bit better because of the saddle tank and I think their fuel tank is a bit deeper where the GTI is more shallow.
I've heard of mysterious venturi mods, but he's probably just going to end up selling a hydramat. Ideally someone like Radium would come in and do a redesigned in-tank venturi/return setup, but they've told me they have no plans to develop products for the MQB chassis.

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
I have an R and was looking to upgrade to the RS3 pump for some mild MPI for valve cleaning purposes. Just hoping it's not a wide spread issue, and I did also read it's less common on the R tanks

bobivy1234

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW Golf GTI
I've heard of mysterious venturi mods, but he's probably just going to end up selling a hydramat. Ideally someone like Radium would come in and do a redesigned in-tank venturi/return setup, but they've told me they have no plans to develop products for the MQB chassis.
Innovative Motorsports is coming out with some form of custom surge tank setup for our cars that one of the track guys I talk to has been testing, supposed to be released in the next few weeks. 034 already has a basic surge tank for the car and can always get a universal Radium.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Innovative Motorsports is coming out with some form of custom surge tank setup for our cars that one of the track guys I talk to has been testing, supposed to be released in the next few weeks. 034 already has a basic surge tank for the car and can always get a universal Radium.
the kyle gurny special? lol. I'd rather not put fuel in the cabin of my car, thanks. that guy will buy anything if you tell him it's "racecar"

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3
Anyone see this?

I've been running A2B RS3 LPFP kit for approx. 20K miles and haven't had any fuel starvation issues. I daily drive my car and have gone WOT below a quarter tank just to see if I would get any fuel cuts and the car was fine.
This may be more of an issue for those who track their cars.

bobivy1234

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW Golf GTI
the kyle gurny special? lol. I'd rather not put fuel in the cabin of my car, thanks. that guy will buy anything if you tell him it's "racecar"
I get it but I'm getting tired of cutting fuel at the track, I go probably 15 days a year with the GTI still as a daily but I can predictably starve fuel on certain parts of the track at the end of long sessions.

E85 makes this a bigger issue since I burn so much more fuel during a session that I can go from full tank to 3/8 then burp fuel within 30 minutes. I need something to combat that and this car is moving towards dedicated track car so it is something I'm looking at.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
I've been running A2B RS3 LPFP kit for approx. 20K miles and haven't had any fuel starvation issues. I daily drive my car and have gone WOT below a quarter tank just to see if I would get any fuel cuts and the car was fine.
This may be more of an issue for those who track their cars.
It is largely an issue with FWD tanks due to being a single, large cavity.

The AWD cars have saddle tanks. They have a jet pump which pushes fuel from the pump/passenger side of the tank, through a loop which picks up the fuel from the driver's side tank and transfers it to the pump/passenger side of the tank.

Attaching a good example pic from Radium Engineering.

1651586899608.png