GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RPM dropping very low in 2nd and DSG bouncing between gear on deceleration/stopping.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So, have come across the first abnormality in the R. When I'm deaccelerating and coming to a stop, and reach the bottom of 2nd gear, before the car goes down to 1st, the car drops down in RPMs, down to the ~500 mark (lowest I've seen was 498), drops the gear down for a split second, then recovers, and drops down to 1st as expected. If you're paying attention, you can see the gear indicator on the MFD blip between gears. Managed to catch it in a couple logs.

This is with the EQT DSG tune:
https://datazap.me/u/acadia18/golf-r-idle-log?log=0&data=11-15&zoom=1466-2377&mark=2137-2160
https://datazap.me/u/acadia18/golf-r-idle-log-3?log=0&data=11-15&mark=386-406

This is with the Cobb OTS DSG tune:
https://datazap.me/u/acadia18/golf-...1-15&zoom=7199-10433&mark=7885-7956-9575-9660

Sometimes it'll say it goes down to 1st, sometimes it'll say the DSG disengages completely and goes to 0.

I've tried the full DSG reset adaptation already, no change in behavior.

Any ideas? Normal behavior and nothing to worry about? DSG ready to explode? This is the only abnormality I've noticed with the DSG, all other situations it's perfectly fine.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Stop noticing things about the car.

;)

Just gotta make sure it's 100% healthy before sticking the ol' AnxietyPort in the glovebox...

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
I'm guessing it's in normal mode? If so, both of our dsg's are going to explode. Mine does it sometimes. It does it more when I'm coming to a stop down from 5th semi- quickly. Like when you're coming to a light that's green, then turns yellow, but you're too far to run it, but not close enough to slam on brakes.😅 I'm on eurodynes DSG tune btw.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Yeah, D mode. I don't drive around in S too often to know if it happens there as well.

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
Sounds normal then. Unless others want to chime in. A video would definitely confirm it though. I'll log my car this week since I'll be putting in my vortex. I'll post it so you can compare.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Did you say how many miles on the current fluid and filter.

35k on the current fluid and filter. Doing a second replacement is in the cards for this spring.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
35k on the current fluid and filter. Doing a second replacement is in the cards for this spring.
Good idea but not a plausible explanation for what is happening not that what's happening is bad or unusual.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Sounds vaguely familiar, a vid would help forsure.

I almost always come to a stop by rowing down through the gears and slowly/smoothly, but when i need to stop a little more abruptly i think the car can kind of bog a bit from time to time. i think this is because it has to go 5-4-3-2-1 instead of like 5-neutral but dont quote me

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Requested video:

Watch around the 7 second mark, you can see the RPMs drop, or if you watch the gear indicator you can see it blip.

It doesn't seem to happen in sport mode, because in sport mode it drops from 2nd down to 1st around ~1,100rpms.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Requested video:

Watch around the 7 second mark, you can see the RPMs drop, or if you watch the gear indicator you can see it blip.

It doesn't seem to happen in sport mode, because in sport mode it drops from 2nd down to 1st around ~1,100rpms.
Don't know what to make of it if anything. Looked like coolant temp was up, nothing unusual

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
Requested video:

It's normal. It's the operation of the brake pressure I believe. Goes from neutral to engaged when going down gears. Just like going from a stop to gas with full pressure on the brake. It gives that small hesitation unless you're light on the brake then it stays engaged.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
It's normal. It's the operation of the brake pressure I believe. Goes from neutral to engaged when going down gears. Just like going from a stop to gas with full pressure on the brake. It gives that small hesitation unless you're light on the brake then it stays engaged.

Wonder if it's an R only thing? I never noticed it happening in my GTI in 3 years.