GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Renrubicer: Skeletons In The Closet

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Today (62948 mi)
The wife wants a rear windshield wiper on the 6. And according to the google goggles, the 6 and 7 use the same part number. So i got a delete plug from grdtuned and tossed it in.
While i was at it, cleaned up my rear taillight wiring and did some sound deadening in the hatch lid.
Then polished the rear glass and added a fancy decal :) maybe now someone will want to race once in a while. Modded cars tend to ignore gtis in my experience lol

The car came with really clean paint but had water spots or some sort of film all over the windows that just wont go away so a little window polishing kit from amazon came to the rescue. The glass looks much better now!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Also, heres hopefully a gif of the sequential lights. I love these!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Got bored again. Forgot to paint my dipstick red to get rid of the yellow and the washer cap black to get rid of the blue. Miss me with that gay shit

spankye

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI Autobahn
Today (62948 mi)
The wife wants a rear windshield wiper on the 6. And according to the google goggles, the 6 and 7 use the same part number. So i got a delete plug from grdtuned and tossed it in.
While i was at it, cleaned up my rear taillight wiring and did some sound deadening in the hatch lid.
Then polished the rear glass and added a fancy decal :) maybe now someone will want to race once in a while. Modded cars tend to ignore gtis in my experience lol

The car came with really clean paint but had water spots or some sort of film all over the windows that just wont go away so a little window polishing kit from amazon came to the rescue. The glass looks much better now!

Previous owner here. Aside from enjoying to see my dearly missed GTI and the fun that is being had with it, this is perhaps my single favorite thing that has been done...cleaning the glass that is. I tried for a year to get those water spots off to no avail. I'm glad this is finally done!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Dude what happened to the glass in the first place?? LOL! Was it parked under a certain tree often or something? Sometimes rain will make fallout collect and stock or something like that but i couldnt figure it out.

Glas to see you chscking in! Really wish i could have stayed kn touch with the owners of my previous cars... mostly so i could buy them back one day haha

spankye

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI Autobahn
Dude what happened to the glass in the first place?? LOL! Was it parked under a certain tree often or something? Sometimes rain will make fallout collect and stock or something like that but i couldnt figure it out.

Glas to see you chscking in! Really wish i could have stayed kn touch with the owners of my previous cars... mostly so i could buy them back one day haha

I have no idea! It had those crazy water spots when I got it. I clay bar'ed, windex'ed, you name it and I tried it (except for polishing).

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
Had to try this. I HATE the style of the headrests in the 7, LOVE the 6. Had to try swapping. Sadly i think it looks quite out of place in both cars but what are your opinions?

Almost wanna just swap seats from the 6 into here and restritch to red lol

Very cool. I also like the mk6/mk5 recessed headrests. They make it seem more sporty (almost bucket like, even?). Anywho, i hadn't followed up on doing this on mine, as finding the cloth versions of these previously seemed impossible (i think EU only?)

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Well i got some sequential smoked mirror signals on amazon, which means chrome deletion is about complete. :)

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Installed my newsouth boost gauge that i took out of the MK6.

Got a newsouth gauge vent pod from BFI on clearance and a boost tap that i picked up from a local shop called Boomba Racing. Pretty easy install, overall except i wired the gauge wrong so the gauge lights up when the dash lights are still off but headlights on. Turn switch fully to the right and the gauge light turns off. Will fix later lol the important part is the gauge works! Looks like it tops around 21 psi. The 'performance gauge' in the head unit says i top out around 35 LOL

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
I have no idea! It had those crazy water spots when I got it. I clay bar'ed, windex'ed, you name it and I tried it (except for polishing).

Good to know you tried! Lol

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Installed my newsouth boost gauge that i took out of the MK6.

Got a newsouth gauge vent pod from BFI on clearance and a boost tap that i picked up from a local shop called Boomba Racing. Pretty easy install, overall except i wired the gauge wrong so the gauge lights up when the dash lights are still off but headlights on. Turn switch fully to the right and the gauge light turns off. Will fix later lol the important part is the gauge works! Looks like it tops around 21 psi. The 'performance gauge' in the head unit says i top out around 35 LOL

That's because the media center is adding in atmospheric pressure of 14.7 psi. That means your boost gauge and media player agree with the boost pressure.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Ahh that makes sense then! Thanks for the info. I thought the gauge was just a novelty or something. Any idea of if theres an adjustment? Doubt it, and dont really care now that i have a physical gauge but hey.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Went all out on a detail today. Specifically, got all up in the door jams and such with a brush and some ammo 'boost' which is to help avoid rust and such during the winter - not that im planning to drive this pig in an illinois winter! Fuckin... no thank you!

Also got some sonax gummiphledge for the door rubber seals which definstely helps with the creaking. I cant heat shit now while pressing kn the door while closed which is a good sign.

Also, used some new chemguys hyperwax with cermaic coating properties. Ive tried a lot of coatings and waxes/spray sealants with ceramic properties and this stuff looks and feels quite promising. Not something i will normally say after waxing but the car LOOKS more shiny, and feels slick as a snatch on a honeymoon.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Said YOLO and went back to get APR high torque flash today. The giys at GRD were kind enough to give me a ride in their APR RS3 shop car! What a fucking monster... tune, e85, intake and exhaust i think was all they said it had. Fuck did it sound good, should be a low 10 second car. Im in love and driving home my measly apr high torque flash car felt so slow lol!