GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rough price for GTI Austin replica wheels

I'm getting a new set of alloy wheels fitted soon and am looking to sell my old ones which are 18" replica gti Austin wheels. I'm keeping the tyres so selling the rims only.

Does anyone have a rough price of how much I should sell them for? They have some kerbing to them or should I have them repaired and painted before trying to sell? (Won't be refurbished to mirror finish as too costly just for resale).

Any help would be great

casualsurfer

Ready to race!
Since brand new OE takeoffs are going for $500-$600 on the forum, with tires, you can expect about half that for replicas.

amancuso

Ready to race!
So probably around £150 ? Forgot to add they are 18"

Could be... prices vary greatly from location to location. Over here EVERY GTI regardless of trim comes with 18" Austin wheels. Their style is polarizing, you either love them or hate them. I'd love to get rid of mine, but I wouldn't get enough to get a new set and tires, so I'm stuck with them.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
The Austins really are not that bad. The fact that every GTI has them is what makes them kindof Meh.

The Austins really are not that bad. The fact that every GTI has them is what makes them kindof Meh.

Ahh, well said. I take delivery of mine in a couple of months, but I'm just trying to see what the damage would be to switch them out to the OEM Rotary's or Motorsports. I just want it to be different right off the bat. I'm carefully going to choose some lightweight 17" alloys shortly thereafter but the initial sign and drive away, want to be a little more unique on top of the Night Blue, S, LP, 6 MT setup.

VWTURBOFAM

Ready to race!

I actually like them, and they are so easy to clean (vs my multi-spoke rims I have on now)........but they are heavy as hell, and like you I need my car to be different.