GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rotors for Daily Driving

TheMechanicDude

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
Searched 10 pages. Don't see much debate on them. Have always run the Centric High Carbons

https://www.knsbrakes.com/c/car-ser...remium+High+Carbon+Brake+Rotor+-+Single+Rotor

KNS is a great bunch of dudes with a wealth of knowledge.

These are the pads I've used before

Centric Brake Pad Set - Rear
Centric logo
Centric Brake Pad Set
Click to Enlarge

(Read reviews)
Our List Price:$62.43

Quantity:

(18) In Stock​
Part Number: 140821-05714120
Notes: StopTech Sport Brake Pads -- 310mm Rear Disc; 340mm Front Disc; EPB; Performance Package

Centric Brake Pad Set - Front
Centric logo
Centric Brake Pad Set
Click to Enlarge

(Read reviews)
Our List Price:$75.43

Quantity:

(9) In Stock​
Part Number: 140821-05714119
Notes: StopTech Sport Brake Pads -- 310mm Rear Disc; 340mm Front Disc; Performance Package
Position: Front
Condition: New
Shipping Options:
Ground

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
To me rotors are wear items, the high carbon is nice but don't waste money on cryo-treatment (just makes them harder so less bite for the pads). I can't speak to those pads.

TheMechanicDude

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
That's a good point. I did eat through the front pads of the WRX pretty quickly

My other thing is I like the black finish. The plain jane ones rust down here.

The 125 series is HCarbon

*car just sits here anyways lol

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
I would without a doubt get the e-coated rotors then the inside and outside won't rust as quickly.

Visceral

Go Kart Newbie
I run the centric high carbon rotors and wouldn't change a thing. I use Endless pads but they are not easy to source so unsure what else works well from experience but from reading on here a lot of people are happy with the Ferodo DS2500 pads which can take some abuse during a track day but is livable as a daily driver too.

nkresho

suck, squish, bang, blow
Car(s)
2022 Q3
Still happy nearly two years later on ds2500s with stock rotors. Painted the hat part and inside the vanes with black vht brake paint before installing. Other than the passenger front bubbling up when i bedded the pads, paint has kept them free of rust in a few Pennsylvania (salted roads) winters.

No squeal, no deposits, predictable cold and hot braking. Cold initial bite is a bit better than stock IMO, hot is significantly better, and while I don't track the car, i've had a number of high speed decelerations with no fade. I added brake ducts at the same time, so that also helps here.

Stock non-pp pads and rotors struggled with the high speed slow-downs for me.

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
My rotors going out. Slight Bumps when you run ur finger on it. I also hear squeaking when coming to a stop. My pads are still solid with plenty of life.

Any good rotors for DD? I drive spiritedly most of the time. Prefer the best option for the price.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
My rotors going out. Slight Bumps when you run ur finger on it. I also hear squeaking when coming to a stop. My pads are still solid with plenty of life.

Any good rotors for DD? I drive spiritedly most of the time. Prefer the best option for the price.

How many miles? Do a couple of real hard stops from 50 MPH or so.

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Just hit 21k, got it w/ 12k in January. I mainly drive city (suburbs) so posted speed is usually 45 on the avenues. I usually down shift as I come to a stop. I do drive very spiritedly unfortunately.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Just hit 21k, got it w/ 12k in January. I mainly drive city (suburbs) so posted speed is usually 45 on the avenues. I usually down shift as I come to a stop. I do drive very spiritedly unfortunately. This my 2nd car (loved this car since I was a kid its so much fun)
Rotors should be fine then. Just do the 50 MPH to zero hard stops a few times. Your steering wheel doesn't rotate back and forth on a harder stop does it?

SmoothCat565

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 VW MKVII GTI
Strongly considering centric 340mm front and 310mm rear rotors, blanks, for my PP GTI. With centric ceramic brake pads. Can anyone say if I'd be set with these or would you recommend something else that you've had luck with? Daily driving.

Last edited:

SmoothCat565

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 VW MKVII GTI
So I got EBC red stuff and one of the front pads has a sensor plug on it. I haven’t done the brakes yet, but do GTIs have a sensor port to plug into? If not, what do I do with this sensor plug - just cut it?

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
If your pads doesnt have a sensor connected you can just cut it. I did that to my TRW pads. I can't recall if I just pulled it off or cut it.