GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rolling Antilag + Flex fuel tune?

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S
Honestly the question is the title. Is rolling Antilag (or even stationary) a common thing for these cars to get tuned? I know Evan Shanks on YouTube is working with IE on a tune but I haven't heard of anyone else doing it. Plus is a flex fuel kit + tune common? I'm trying to not have to keep flashing new tunes if I decide to run an e85 blend instead of just 93.

ShadyMF

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI IS38 6MT
As far as I know, when it comes to rolling Anti-Lag, IE are the only ones

As far as flex fuel, United motorsports and Integrated Engineering are the only two offering true flex fuel as far as I'm aware.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Someone more knowledgeable than me will likely jump in here, but no its not very common. And regarding flex fuel, it can be tuned for such but you might need to convert to MPI to do so, and some extra fuel system upgrades?

ShadyMF

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI IS38 6MT
Someone more knowledgeable than me will likely jump in here, but no its not very common. And regarding flex fuel, it can be tuned for such but you might need to convert to MPI to do so, and some extra fuel system upgrades?

At least with IE, no need for MPI. Just a HPFP.

I think UM is the same but it depends exactly on your setup. They do offer MPI as well but its not required (I may be mistaken)

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Open source has flex fuel too, just sayin. I think hpfp is wise either way, but definitely needed for e85 tunes, even on stock turbo. I’m running flex fuel on my car, 17 S3, Vortex Std with MPI.

ShadyMF

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI IS38 6MT
ie does rolling antilag?

Its not released yet, I haven't even seen them mention it. I think they're testing it with that one Evan dude to build some hype. I dont follow him outside of the occasional recommended video.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Good on them for working or rolling anti - lag for our platform - it will just be another think that Cobb don’t support that will annoy me 😂.

Right now the only mqb cars I’ve seen with it are syvex cars and at that I’ve only seen vids of 1 golf with that- lol.

Yes- brake boosting does “the job” but for me I find it a pain to brake boost this car and have to watch the AP for the PSI, while watching the speedo ( or car next to you *for roll racers) while trying to modulate the brake pedal at the same time as thinking about how you don’t want to do it to long and overheat the brakes 😂😂

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S
ie does rolling antilag?
Yeah it's a prototype rn with that youtube. he bought a mk7 to give away and is doing everything under the sun to it.

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S
He's calling an IS38 a "big" turbo?
my thoughts exactly. hese been treating the mk 7 build like a joke tbh. these usually good with cars but idk whats going on with this build

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
Which video talks about rolling anti lag? I was going through his vids and didn't see any mention of it.