GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rockingham SCDE

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Yesterday I attended a track day event organized by Motorsports 4 the Masses at Rockingham speedway in NC. This was my first time ever driving any car that hard. I’ve done 2 autox events about a decade ago when I had a CRX but this was on a different level. The GTI did great and it really helped me understand were the limits of the car are as well as the ultimate direction I want to take it.
I would like to continue to participate in these events as well as to get back into autox. I’m currently EQT stage 1, 25mm RSB, Baun FMIC and was running 235/40/18 Indy 500s on RSe10s 18x8. Tires did pretty good for my skill level. I pushed them hard and I could tell when they were at their limit. My braking, that needs some work. Getting on track helped me understand I do not need anything more than stage 1 currently at this point. I’m going to focus on suspension and tire setup for the next event. I’m thinking Bilstein B14 since the B16 are out of stock and who knows when they will be back.
85ECC27D-92E4-40B2-9D52-D9A671814524.jpeg

A9653AA2-9299-4C80-9AC4-C11B0364CE8B.jpeg
58256137-DB01-42A6-8AEC-9105F425BF0F.jpeg

RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI!
): I’m jealous. I was actually out on your side of town until today, that’s why I didn’t go. I want to do more autox myself. Last time I checked for events, I couldn’t find anything!

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
): I’m jealous. I was actually out on your side of town until today, that’s why I didn’t go. I want to do more autox myself. Last time I checked for events, I couldn’t find anything!
Check out M4theM or your local chapter SCCA. I think I’m going to do the Oct 2 track day at Rockingham. Those banked turns are awesome!